New Taurus owner
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dp0424

Thread: New Taurus owner

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

New Taurus owner

Hey guys new member here and I just bought my first Taurus a couple days ago! I’m no stranger to handguns but I went to clean my g2c from the factory and when I reassembled it and inserted the mag I could not chamber the round. The slide would not rack back past the mag. Eventually I was able to get the gun to chamber but when I rack the slide, the round fails to extract which causes it to fail to feed. I have not shot the gun yet and the mags have been sitting with 12 rounds in each to break them in. Any advice would be much appreciated
    loudviking likes this.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7597 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dp0424 View Post
    Hey guys new member here and I just bought my first Taurus a couple days ago! I’m no stranger to handguns but I went to clean my g2c from the factory and when I reassembled it and inserted the mag I could not chamber the round. The slide would not rack back past the mag. Eventually I was able to get the gun to chamber but when I rack the slide, the round fails to extract which causes it to fail to feed. I have not shot the gun yet and the mags have been sitting with 12 rounds in each to break them in. Any advice would be much appreciated
    Check your recoil rod assembly and make sure it is seated properly, also clean your mags and use a dry lube(not much)
    when putting them back together..............
    If you can post a pic of the issue!
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Sponsored Links