A purely theoretical question about sear springs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: A purely theoretical question about sear springs

Member #
    Liked
    32957 times

A purely theoretical question about sear springs

So I got a new revolver today. Taurus 651. Very nice. Shrouded but thumb cockable hammer, stainless, frame looks beefy for a snub, love the boot grip.

yadda yadda yadda, I need a sear spring.

Numrich says out of stock. Is calling the mother ship my only option? Try a S&W sear spring? See if sufficient yelling will cause the spring to magically reappear from wherever it sprang to?

Open to suggestions, and not chewing nails in the meantime at all. Really.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20239 times
    Time warp, or unexpected gravitational waves?
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    34623 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    So I got a new revolver today. Taurus 651. Very nice. Shrouded but thumb cockable hammer, stainless, frame looks beefy for a snub, love the boot grip.

yadda yadda yadda, I need a sear spring.

Numrich says out of stock. Is calling the mother ship my only option? Try a S&W sear spring? See if sufficient yelling will cause the spring to magically reappear from wherever it sprang to?

Open to suggestions, and not chewing nails in the meantime at all. Really.
    Oh......so it was a Jesus spring, then. If it were me, I'd find something really expensive that I have, that hitting a sear spring would totally ruin and drag it around the floor 'til I found the spring......not likely to take long.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20239 times
    Walking barefoot could find it, too, but that might be against the Geneva Convention.
    Fatboy46 likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33950 times
    Well, you know the spring is there, so look harder. When you give up, if it isn’t cost prohibitive, try the S&W spring.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    5664 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Time warp, or unexpected gravitational waves?
    You might have some pulse code overmodulation with that setup. I'd tweak the framisters to optimize the graviton emitter. But I digress. What was the question? Something about Sears? Didn't they close up shop some years ago? <sorry GH, I'll stop now.>
    GhostHorse and darbo like this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    34623 times
    Seems like every time I lose something......I find it within 24 hours after buying a new one.
    GhostHorse, darbo and Car_Doc like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20239 times
    Kinda like you never need that thing you've held on to for years until two weeks after you sell it.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Try a strong magnet or call Jack First gun parts they might have one.

Member #
    Liked
    34623 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Kinda like you never need that thing you've held on to for years until two weeks after you sell it.
    With me, it's usually just days. The last time, it was hydraulic plow pumps. I had five used ones in various condition but all still good. Nobody uses 'em anymore and you can't fit them on anything made in the last 25 years or so anyway......so I scrapped 'em. Two days later, a guy brought in a '78 Dodge Power Wagon with a hydraulic plow and the pump had rusted through.......it was identical to the ones I'd just tossed. I couldn't find another one anywhere except ebay and those looked like someone had just dug 'em up outa' the ground, rusted about as bad as the one he had. I ended up using the power steering pump I'd saved from my old '86 Camaro, which worked great but entailed a lot of redesign and manufacturing to make everything fit and line up. A couple days earlier, it would've just been about a half-hour job to swap the pump.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links