Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Light rail for slim?

Member #
    Liked
    30 times

Light rail for slim?

Hola,

I have stopped carrying my 709 Slim in lieu of a Glock 27 simply because it affords the option of having a light. I know this sounds odd but unless it is a wheel gun I really want (need?) my EDC pistols to have a weapon light, not a laser. Does anyone know of a way to add a rail or if there is a weapon light that is solid, that works with the 709 Slim?

Thank you
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    488 times
    I think you're going to be out of luck as far as a light goes, unless someone makes one that mounts the way the Viridian E-series laser does....can't say as I've ever seen one though.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Yah, I am just going to have to sell it. I see that the EC9 by Ruger has two light options for it and it appears to be about the same size. If you know anyone in Colorado who wants a pocket 9 let me know

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    627 times
    I'd think twice before selling your 709 just because there is no rail to mount a light on. Police departments, the FBI, etc. have all developed techniques for carrying and using a hand held flashlight when also holding a handgun. Using a blue gun or while at the range, you could practice the flashlight holding methods to find the one that best suits you. Keep in mind that in IDPA, weapon mounted lights may not be used by non-law enforcement personnel using their duty rigs in a match. Also consider that if you totally rely upon using a rail mounted light on your handgun and you are called to use your handgun in a low light situation but find out it's battery has failed, now you have the extra dead weight near the muzzle that is not helping you in any way and you have to rely upon a hand held flashlight that you have not practiced using. By learning to use a hand held flashlight and practicing the method you have selected, you could use any flashlight so if your first flashlight choice had dead batteries, you could easily use a different flashlight.
    Flash60601 and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    488 times
    If you're going to sell it try listing it on ArmsList or GunBroker, or trade it towards another pistol at your lgs

Member #
    Liked
    367 times
    I'll pay you $50 for it. Bear in mind the "new" market is retailing around $200, and the used market is closer to $100.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23053 times
    This is not the appropriate forum to offer or discuss a sale. Feel free to list in the classifieds or discuss via PM.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    367 times
    I'm not seriously making an offer. I'm just trying to point out the ridiculously low price point and because of that it's better to just keep it.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Howdy,

In my case it is because I am a LEO that I want the light. Ever since I was authorized to hang a TLR-1 off of my duty Glock 23 I have been hooked. I have a TLR6 on my Glock 27 and a TLR7 on my Judge. I would put a light on my Protector 605 if they made an adapter for it.

Also I do carry a regular light as well and we (POST requires us) do practice low light shooting with a flashlight, I prefer the Harries method. It is just that I know how useful it is to have the option of a weapon light paired with how other pistols at least have the option that really causes me to dislike the 709. Function and reliability are spot on, that isn't the issue. I want to like it but its like a truck with no bed.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    If you're going to sell it try listing it on ArmsList or GunBroker, or trade it towards another pistol at your lgs
    hmmm cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links