PT840 trigger broke
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: PT840 trigger broke

Member #
    Liked
    68 times

PT840 trigger broke

I finally got all the magazines I want for the PT840 (7), and the trigger breaks! At the range, the trigger would not reset, so I had to fire the gun by pulling the trigger forward after every shot. I stripped the gun, saw nothing immediately obvious, and tried to re-assemble it. "Tried" because it didn't want to go. I checked and saw that the recoil spring had slipped off it's spot, so I put it back and it went together again. Went to the gun store guys and had them look, hoping for the easy fix. No go, and the gun again did not want to re-assemble. Took it home, brake cleaned it, now it will re-set the trigger in single action only. No double action. And, it is still troublesome to re-assemble. Which would be ok if she doesn't break again! Any ideas? I hate to send it back, get told it's discontinued and they'll send me a new TH 40. Sure, I'd like a new gun, but I have all these magazines, finally. Not compatible, I'm sure. Anyone know what's up with my trigger?

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Name:  20191001_130357.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  2.67 MB

The pencil points to the firing pin block lever that lifts very easily and falls back with no tension. The pen points to the trigger bar that is also loose and not under tension. Does this help? Thanks!
    Last edited by Russty; 10-01-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: more info
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    With no parts available you probably only have one choice, and that's to send it in. From the looks of the two mags, it appears the base plate and follower are all that was changed from the PT to the TH, but without them side by side it's hard to tell. I'd be calling Taurus and explaining your situation to them to see if they would replace all the mags if they end up replacing the pistol. Or at a minimum send you new base plates and followers if the mag bodies are the same.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Aaarrgh! Yeah, you're probably right. I was just getting tuned up for a shootin' competition, too. Now, I'll have to use my G2c. Which is a fun gun, but I like the big .40 bang-bang.
    funflyer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Everygunpart has a stainless pt840 for 219.99, that would be taking a chance for parts that may not help you though and quite a bit of money to lay out

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Well, Cabela's made it easy to send back, no shipping. So, I wait and see, now.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    12 weeks?!?!

Member #
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Russty View Post
    12 weeks?!?!
    The trigger quit on my TCP a couple of months ago and they told me 12 weeks. It took them 2. It's good to under promise and over deliver.
    Russty and Czechbikr like this.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Here's hoping.

Member #
    Liked
    540 times
    I was looking at 809 reviews on the internet a while back and the reviewer was commenting on the trigger spring breaking. His description was similar to yours. *09 and 840 are the same right?
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links