Front Sight Improvement ...?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Front Sight Improvement ...??

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Try the easy things first; sight color, phosphorescent paint or powder, etc. Elmer Keith put gold horizontal lines across the front sight of some of his revolvers for elevation markings. I use phosphorescent powder mixed with clear two part epoxy and apply VERY judiciously as needed. I'm older and my eyes like lime green. When I was younger I liked red.
    Test yourself on what color and pattern you see best. Use cardboard or something for test painting. Do you want a combat sight, a hunting sight, or a target sight. Each is a little different.
    Don't file or alter the front sight until you have a better idea of what you need. All of this is based on my experience and my opinion. Use at your own discretion. :-)

Addendum: Elmer Keith has a whole chapter in his book on shooting revolvers, just on sights and sight picture. It is well worth reading and studying.

Last edited by grumpyoldcomputerguy; 08-25-2019 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Addendum
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldcomputerguy View Post

Addendum: Elmer Keith has a whole chapter in his book on shooting revolvers, just on sights and sight picture. It is well worth reading and studying.

Available on Amazon? (or, perhaps, Barnes & Noble - another of my favourite US stores..)
    dogchild likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Available on Amazon? (or, perhaps, Barnes & Noble - another of my favourite US stores..)
    https://www.amazon.com/Sixguns-Keith...gateway&sr=8-1
    I own the 1961 version in paperback. If I had read this book in my twenty's, it would have changed my life. I sincerely believe that. Buy it in paperback or hardback and you will never regret it. A LOT of timeless wisdom and techniques on hunting, shooting, gunfights; with revolvers and semi-autos. And a lot of U.S firearms history that is hard to find in just one book. I can't recommend it enough.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Of course. The 1961 edition is the "original". The link shows an original 1961 edition.

https://www.amazon.com/Sixguns-Keith...gateway&sr=8-4
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16627 times
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links