Differences Between PT 92 Slide and PT 100 Slide Besides the "Bolt Face" Diameter?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By olfarhors
  • 1 Post By Fishinkeylargo
  • 1 Post By Driswalds
  • 2 Post By se3388
  • 1 Post By Fishinkeylargo
  • 1 Post By grumpyoldcomputerguy

Thread: Differences Between PT 92 Slide and PT 100 Slide Besides the "Bolt Face" Diameter?

Member #
    Liked
    88 times

Differences Between PT 92 Slide and PT 100 Slide Besides the "Bolt Face" Diameter?

I have a old PT 99 that I want to be able to convert to 40S&W. I may be able to find a PT 100 or 101 slide for sale but they are not prevalent and prices are starting to go up a little. Is the PT 100 slide made of slightly thicker material than the 9mm slide? And/Or Are there any structural differences in the slides that would prevent me from buying a PT 92 Slide and opening up the "bolt face" to 40 S&W brass?

I understand I MAY need to change the extractor, slide stop, and the locking block; and of course the barrel. Mainly just asking about the slide. I have a small machine shop at my house where I do prototype work from time to time. It comes in handy for "want to" projects like this.

If this question has been asked and answered before, please point me to the correct thread as I could not find an answer in existing threads.
    Thanks in advance for the information.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I don't know an answer for you on your subject but I have a PT92 and have often wondered if you could take a PT 100/101 and just swap out the .40 barrel for a 9mm barrel and ream it with a 357 Sig? Would that be a recipe for some lost fingers or worse or could it work?

Steve...…….

Member #
    Liked
    26081 times
    Quote Originally Posted by se3388 View Post
    I don't know an answer for you on your subject but I have a PT92 and have often wondered if you could take a PT 100/101 and just swap out the .40 barrel for a 9mm barrel and ream it with a 357 Sig? Would that be a recipe for some lost fingers or worse or could it work?

Steve...…….

well can't give a truly knowledgeable, experience answer but?
    does anyone chamber a model 92/99 or like weapon in 357 sig cartridge in a beretta/ taurus style weapon?
    I can't think of one but then again I am happy with the 9 MM in that particular weapon.
    operating pressure for the 9 MM is 35,000 PSI, even at plus P its 38,500 PSI, Nato is usually a bit lower than Plus P?
    in 40 S & W operating pressure is 35,000 PSI , and there is no Plus p ammo in that caliber.
    comparison is the 357 Sig Sauer operates at 40,0000 PSI.
    thats above any of the other chambered calibers in the 92 style weapon.
    Even the 10 MM operates at 37,500 PSI. that MAY tell you something.
    se3388 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldcomputerguy View Post
    I have a old PT 99 that I want to be able to convert to 40S&W. I may be able to find a PT 100 or 101 slide for sale but they are not prevalent and prices are starting to go up a little. Is the PT 100 slide made of slightly thicker material than the 9mm slide? And/Or Are there any structural differences in the slides that would prevent me from buying a PT 92 Slide and opening up the "bolt face" to 40 S&W brass?

I understand I MAY need to change the extractor, slide stop, and the locking block; and of course the barrel. Mainly just asking about the slide. I have a small machine shop at my house where I do prototype work from time to time. It comes in handy for "want to" projects like this.

If this question has been asked and answered before, please point me to the correct thread as I could not find an answer in existing threads.
    Thanks in advance for the information.
    Did you search through the older threads in the PT-92 section? Seems to me someone may have owned both and did some test swapping a long time ago.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    526 times
    I hope this can help

I have a Beretta 92 and acquired a complete .40 96 upper assembly.
    It slid right on and has been working fine for years.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Doesn't sound like the Sig round would work out in the 92/100 frames. The 92 I had didn't fully support the case and I would get a bit of a smiley on some cases even with factory ammo. Sent it back to Taurus and they said "it is within tolerances".

Steve...........
    NRA Patron Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    USAF

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46202 times
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Thanks for the links. The last is especially interesting to me. Good stuff!
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13237 times
    Preacher Rodgers and I got together at Rapid City. He with his PT 101 and I with my PT 99. Our slides interchanged and functioned as well as my Taurus .22 LR conversion. I’ve been watching for a deal on a PT 100/101 slide and barrel, when found I will also get a 357 sig barrel.
    BTW Taurus did make a PT 957 (357 sig) who’s parts also swap with the PT 940.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 18

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links