Gun Grease - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Gun Grease

Member #
    Liked
    26014 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    I suspect you just had bacon grease on your finger from breakfast and not any lubricant.
    Ahh, just to make a point here!
    IN the Southeast Bacon Greases is a lubricant!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    274 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I suspect you just had bacon grease on your finger from breakfast and not any lubricant.
    Ahh, just to make a point here!
    IN the Southeast Bacon Greases is a lubricant!
    Bacon Grease lubricates my arteries and joints

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    While still active law enforcement, I attended a number of classes involving the AR platform. It was in these courses I first heard of using Mobile One synthetic oil to lube the AR bolt. Prior to that I was using CLP. I really didn't like CLP because it got all over my Bolle' goggles or glasses. I switched to Mobile One 15-50 synthetic and was sold on it, no more oil slung all over the place! I've been using it now for about 15 years on my AR's and my pistols without any problems. It stays where I put it.
    Tom Vietnam Vet - Jun 66 - Dec 67

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop103 View Post
    While still active law enforcement, I attended a number of classes involving the AR platform. It was in these courses I first heard of using Mobile One synthetic oil to lube the AR bolt. Prior to that I was using CLP. I really didn't like CLP because it got all over my Bolle' goggles or glasses. I switched to Mobile One 15-50 synthetic and was sold on it, no more oil slung all over the place! I've been using it now for about 15 years on my AR's and my pistols without any problems. It stays where I put it.
    Plus, with Mobil One 15w50 synthetic, you can run it all day in your V-Twin and use the extra in the oil tank for emergency lubrication purposes on you and your friends firearms. It doesn't have a GL5 additive that damages plastics. Watch out for gear oils with pressure additives as they will break down plastics over time (read as months submerged).
    GaCop103 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    For many years I had heard about Lubriplate SFL-0 being the best gun grease, but it was hard to find, unless you wanted a 5 gallon pail full of it. Then MidwayUSA started carrying this stuff in a 15 oz. bucket, problem solved. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/19...ease-15-oz-tub

Still 15 ounces is a lot of grease, so I got these 2 ounce screw top plastic jars (from the overnight section of Wally World), plus a couple of small 2 and 4 oz. glass jars (that formerly held the wife's cosmetics). I think I have filled about a half dozen of these so far, and I still have about half the grease left. I throw the smaller jars in my cleaning kits, leave one on my work bench, one by my EDC guns, and threw one jar in my range bag.

So what is this Lubriplate SFL-0 like? It is a white, very light grease. It looks and feels like you took regular white grease and put it in a blender so it comes out with the consistency of whipped cream. It is light oil grease. Like regular grease it stays in place and doesn't or move when hot. I have been using it on my carry pistols for months now, and it works, but it is hard to tell if it works better than the regular gun grease that I have been using for years. So I have some EDC folding knives that are a little stiff and I got the idea to do something about that. I took them apart, buffed the pivot points, washers in this case, and lock points, greased with this Lubriplate and reassembled. Now they are smooth as butter, but the best part is that the light oil I have always used in the past seeped out over a week or so as the knife warmed when I carried them. This is not a problem with this Lubriplate grease. This stuff is amazing.
    I have used Tetra ever since I got into guns. My brother was in the Navy and they grease everything. I also took apart my cheap Chinese Kershaw knife and greased it. It opens so much faster and smoother now.

Quote Originally Posted by xiholdtruex View Post
    Have always used rem oil till recently when I noticed my kit came with a small tube of tetra grease and have been placing a small dab on the rails, and barrel as per manufactuer
    Tetra is great stuff I have always used it on all my guns.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    Tetra grease on rails and FP-10 on small moving parts, works for me, I did use gun butter on rails but found the Tetra adheres better with less mess.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I usually use Mili Tech grease on my semi auto rails and AR bolt & carriers and Mili Tech oil on the outside of my pistols and rifles except the wood and polymer parts of course.

Steve...…...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links