Ruger LCP 380 feeding issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP 380 feeding issues

Member #
    Liked
    452 times

Ruger LCP 380 feeding issues

My new Ruger LCP wont reliably eat any of the ammo i put through the last two days. I know guns can be picky but either this gun needs a trip back to Ruger or it is operator error, which I highly expect. I have bigs hands and this little 380 snaps like crazy. Will bigger grips help? Like Hogue grips, do people use grips to address feeding issues?

Member #
    Liked
    26075 times
    has anyone else fired the weapon---Like a well trained or experienced shooter?
    small guns require more from the shooter than larger heavier weapons.
    vboy36 and Sekol like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7168 times
    Could just be a problem child, send it in to have Ruger look at the issue......................
    vboy36 likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Thank you, OLFAR and LoudV; yes the range guy cleaned the magazine and then fired 3 jhp's with no problem BUT only three. I was planning to take it back to him this weekend and see if shot a mag or two what would happen. But, i talked to Ruger yesterday and told CS that was my plan, and i think i was limp wristing it and she sent me a return label and said to send it in, so the gun is on its way to Ruger, be there by Thursday. I will let you know what happens.

Thanks!
    olfarhors, Sekol and loudviking like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1164 times
    Mine went back three times until they replaced the barrel. Now it chambers fine, I think it was a feed ramp issue but under warranty, I wasn't going to polish it myself.
    Sekol likes this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Western North Dakota

Member #
    Liked
    4620 times
    Me and my wife put 200 rounds thru my LCP Sunday. I had 2 where the slide didn't return to complete battery but a wick tap on the slide and she went bang again. I'm now looking for a 10th anniversary edition for her to carry.
    Sekol likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    29250 times
    The lighter the gun, the bigger the problem with "Limp-Wristing".

They require a firmer grip to give enough "resistance" for the slide to properly reciprocate'
    GhostHorse and olfarhors like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    30851 times
    I'm with Moondawg.

I think at least 80% of the reported problems with all these KelTec-derived polymer 380s is limp wristing. Squeeze it until your hand shakes, then back off 10%. Now aim and fire. I bet you'll get much better - possibly perfect - reliability.
    MOONDAWG likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    482 times
    The Hogue Beaver tail grips make a very big difference with the LCP. They take it from an extremely narrow and slippery gun that is very hard to hold onto to an adequate width and very grippy gun that makes shooting it a breeze. Pearce extended magazine base plates make a large difference too. I believe you should think about polishing the feed ramp and chamber. I do this with just about every pistol of mine when acquired. My LCP has had hundreds of rounds through it without a malfunction.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Member #
    Liked
    26075 times
    I always find it interesting that we pick out the smallest/lightest weapon that we can find to carry, then go about adding lasers, extended magazines (Usually to gain just one more round and increase grip length), larger grips to it so we can actually use it and let it function.
    Just saying, maybe we should try firing a particular weapon before buying to see how its going to work for us in the natrual state, of course unless it s a AR-15 cause they are made to customize!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links