PT99 AF Trigger or hammer Issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PT99 AF Trigger or hammer Issue

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    I would think with the slide on and only having problems it may have something to do with the firing pin block. Take the slide off and see if the firing pin block is moving smoothly.

So I compared my firing pin block to a sigp226 and mine can be moved but it is VERY stiff compared to the Sig. Anything I can do to help loosen this up if I do a complete strip down or should I just send it in at this point? Will doing a strip down to gain access to the firing pin block void my warranty?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36345 times
    If they get knowledge of you detail stripping the gun, they may have issues with it.. In the past they have required a nominal fee to "reinstate" the warranty...also in the past they would still OEM parts even if aftermarket parts were added...example...if aftermarket sights, extended slide lock, single sided safety were added to a PT 1911 and you sent it in for a broken barrel link, they would fix the barrel link under warranty...if the safety malfunctioned...no dice. I might also add here that if you send a gun back in for warranty repair...if it's got tritium sights or special grips etc...good idea to take them off. If they decide to replace your gun with a new one, it comes back to you as an OEM gun with stock parts.

That's the way it was in history...it seems that policy changes like the wind these days...so be sure to ask and record the name/dates of your conversation.

edit....at this stage of your problem...I would probably try to have it ultrasound cleaned...your LGS or range may have the equipment if you don't. Might be the easy way to get crud out of places you can't see or reach.
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    If they get knowledge of you detail stripping the gun, they may have issues with it.. In the past they have required a nominal fee to "reinstate" the warranty...also in the past they would still OEM parts even if aftermarket parts were added...example...if aftermarket sights, extended slide lock, single sided safety were added to a PT 1911 and you sent it in for a broken barrel link, they would fix the barrel link under warranty...if the safety malfunctioned...no dice. I might also add here that if you send a gun back in for warranty repair...if it's got tritium sights or special grips etc...good idea to take them off. If they decide to replace your gun with a new one, it comes back to you as an OEM gun with stock parts.

That's the way it was in history...it seems that policy changes like the wind these days...so be sure to ask and record the name/dates of your conversation.

edit....at this stage of your problem...I would probably try to have it ultrasound cleaned...your LGS or range may have the equipment if you don't. Might be the easy way to get crud out of places you can't see or reach.

That is good advice, mine is mostly stock but i will make sure it has stock grips etc on before sending it. I am actually on hold with Customer support right now to see if they will just send me a replacement firing pin block. They mailed me a few parts for my pt22 once, worth a shot. I will keep you posted on what happens.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45950 times
    Well if it was a PT-92 I would say clean it yourself. Since it is a PT-99 I would use extreme caution as if you damage the rear sight you are out of luck. That said, carefully removing the rear sight will release the spring and components to clean the trigger block. If you do it yourself use caution as parts will go flying if you are not careful. I suspect it just needs a good cleaning or may possibly have a bur that needs removed.
    olfarhors likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thank you Fishin! Yeah in hindsight I would have went with a 92, less moving parts to worry about.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36345 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
    Thank you Fishin! Yeah in hindsight I would have went with a 92, less moving parts to worry about.
    If you attempt to disassemble it...be sure to work inside of a large plastic bag...lose part/s off the rear sight and you will NEVER find replacements. (I wonder how Taurus Miami does it?)
    olfarhors likes this.
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links