Taurus Revolver Disassembly - Pictorial Guide - Page 25
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Taurus Revolver Disassembly - Pictorial Guide

Member #
    Liked
    568 times
    I realize I am resurrecting a post from long ago, but I can't thank you enough for this guide! You saved me from a lot of aggravation and headache.

I was having trouble with my model 66. Chambers 5-7 were stiff to cycle. Couldn't see anythingbut figured I had gotten SOMETHING in it. Was working fine.

So, I started looking up Taurus disassembly instructions and there they were. Cleaned everything... and at the tip from a friend to yse a brass brush on the ejector star and the chamber rims... (scrubbing REALLY well).... I was able to fix the problem. I did have one remaining issue. When I put the cylinder back in and screwed everything down again... I could still remove the cylinder!?!?... so, there I went looking at the pictures again. Sure enough I was missing the LITTLE plunger and spring... thinking I had lost it... I searched my work bench! Low and behold... there it WAS! MAN that is a tiny piece. Anyway, got it back in and after an few minutes dry firing it t make sure it functioned right (remember it is ME doing the gunsmithing) I was satisfied with the function of my 66. Trigger pull is even lighter than I remembered from pre-crisis.

So, all that to say, thank you for taking the time to do this and be so detailed. Saved my 66 big time.
    Last edited by AZM66; 01-11-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm buying a 605 and need an explanation of why I see a thin shinny wear ring around the cylinder, it looks like the cylinder stop tab is to high. Don't know if stop tab is correct, don't know how else to describe it. :-)
    Bob

Member #
    Liked
    6606 times
    With the design and normal function of revolvers like Taurus, S&W, newer Colts and many others the Bolt rides high and free when the cylinder turns, it will make a "turn ring" on the cylinder. It doesn't take much these days as the "bluing" or coatings used are quite thin and not all that durable. I guess what i'm using too many words to say is......it's normal.
    U.S. Navy 2-63/3-86 Retired E-8, MMCS
    Caterpillar Field Service Tech 1988-2007
    Retired and loving it!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    874 times
    Welcome to the Forum Skinny Bob! I think you should've posted this in the Taurus Revolvers section. You'd get more traffic.
    Last edited by nevadabob; 03-22-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. Ephesians 3

Member #
    Liked
    3821 times
    My revolvers have that, even my Kimber.
    Nimbly likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Nothing new they all have it. As for finish it is black oxide or blueing and the finish is in the million's thick, so anything rubbing against it will leave a wear mark just like taking it in and out of a holster.
    NRA Life Member
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club member 72-75
    Don't take life too seriously, No one makes it out alive anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Excellent post, especially with the pdf download! I've been struggling with trying to remove the side plate screw with the spring on my 627. This puppy will just not break loose. I don't want to strip the head, but I'm about ready to break out the chainsaw to try to get it loose!

**mild frustration being exhibited**

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links