Editing older posts
    Member #
    Liked
    1691 times

Editing older posts

I just noticed that I don't have an "edit post" button on posts older than a post made today.

I went to try to modify a post where someone said they couldn't see the images in my post, and I wasn't able to fix it for this reason.

Is this a new thing? Is this on purpose?

Thanks.

[This also is an issue because I was going to make a thread where I would keep the first post up-to-date for ease of finding info, but if I can't edit a post beyond a day from posting, this type of post won't be possible.]
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31336 times
    You are not supposed to modify your posts beyond what the original intent was, including wiping it out completely. Posts are like thoughts that you let go from your brain to your mouth, once it's out there, it's there unless a moderator decides that it has violated guidelines in some way. You may add a post to the thread, of course, stating that you have additional information or that you've changed your mind on something. I would suggest you use that approach, unless the thread you mention has been made a sticky, then we can assist you in getting the pictures put in correctly. Otherwise, just post up the pics at the bottom of the thread.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    1691 times
    Ok. I guess that answers my question then, and I won't create the info thread that I was going to create, because it would quickly become hard to find new info with discussions taking place after the first post. I was going to compile a list of all the recently firearm unfriendly businesses (including source links), since we have lots of threads all over the place and some that are about one business and then another gets brought into it. I was going to make just a clean list where it could be easily referenced, but if I will be unable to keep it updated, it too would just become another thread where you have to read many pages to get all the info, instead of just an up-to-date first post. It's unfortunate for this type of scenario that the original post can't be edited, but I can understand why it's set up that way. Thanks for letting me know it's not just another bug.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Sponsored Links