My first Rossi. Need help with parts.
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

My first Rossi. Need help with parts.

Hey guys and gals. I picked up a old Rossi 38 special revolver today. Not sure what model it is. Has 950 stamped on crane and grip frame. It looks like a model 31. Any who will Model 68 or 88 parts fit? The parts look the same except for grips. Im wanting to put a 2 inch barrel on it. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Evening, just purchased a SS 971 and started looking for a 4” barrel. Did a lot of looking on-line in the last couple of days.

Won’t go into a lot of details except check Gun Broker, EBay, M & M Gunsmiths (bought a 4” barrel for a 851 from M & M earlier in the year).

I just did a search for Rossi (insert model here) Parts. A bunch of parts houses came up, most with lots of parts for older firearms.

Now that I recall, Numrich and Brownells carried some parts also.

Member #
    Liked
    7201 times
    Maxpaynejarro, does that Rossi say "Garcia" or "Firearms International" on the side? I have some 68's and at least one 88, and I don't think the parts of these Interarms guns will interchange parts with earlier guns, but I've never tried. Barrels might be a different story, though I gave up trying to take a barrel off of the one Rossi I attempted because it wouldn't budge and I'd read that some people have wrecked frames trying (yes, the barrel pin was removed.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I'd consider getting a Rossi with a 2" barrel rather than making a barrel change. The swap is quite a challenge for an older gun. Their models 68 and 88 are terrific guns and readily available.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Sorry, i also don't know the answer to your question, but i think vulcan73 has given very good advice. I own one model 68 and one model 88, both excellent guns. I would clean that rascal up and enjoy it, and there you have it, another excuse to buy another Rossi!

Sponsored Links