• 1 Post By BangBang
  • 1 Post By Qwiks draw
  • 1 Post By RandyP

Thread: Rossi 464 Revolver exist?

Member #
    Liked
    612 times

Rossi 464 Revolver exist?

My LGS has a consignment gun for sale, labelled a Rossi 464. Chambered for .357. Gun says "Rossi" on the little metallic circle on the grip, frame says built in Brazil by Taurus. Cylinder holds 6. Blued finish.

Searched under Taurus, as well. No luck.

I can't find a reference to that gun online, and wondered if they mis-labelled it. Anyone ever heard of that model?

Member #
    Liked
    6552 times
    Rossi manufactured a .357 revolver that was called a model 461. I do not recall a Rossi model 464.

Don
    Valjean likes this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    9042 times
    There was also a model 461. Never heard of a 464.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    612 times
    Thanks so much for the responses!

Member #
    Liked
    497 times
    And IF it IS actually a 461 (like mine was) it may be covered under the notoriously slow process of their Safety Recall and replacement with a Taurus of specific serial number ranges.

https://www.rossisafetynotice.com/

I'd definitely verify that serial # online before buying one. Though I guess if you didn't mind the potentially long wait for the free replacement deal, and can pick up the consignment cheaply enough, it would be a way to actually get a new in box Taurus instead?
    Valjean likes this.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17513 times
    After Rossi was purchased by Taurus their "new model" revolvers, for the most part, were just Taurus revolvers with Rossi stamped on the barrel and side plate. I have a Rossi 44mag that is just a Tracker 44mag without the porting, and different stampings. Another reason you may not be able to find the model number is that Taurus/Rossi did a lot of dealer exclusive models. Again, my Rossi 44mag was made exclusively for Academy stores, and only for a short run. It never appeared in a Rossi catalog. As far as a warranty goes, you'd have to call Taurus to get any info.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Sponsored Links