• 1 Post By silverstring
  • 1 Post By RandyP
  • 1 Post By TaurusArmedGuy50

Thread: Rossi 46103 would you do it?

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Rossi 46103 would you do it?

First off i must say i have several Taurus revolvers which have all been very good to me over the years. i have an opportunity to purchase a Rossi 461 with a 3" barrel at a local gun store tomorrow morning at a very good price of $200 plus tax and it is in superb shape. I was unaware of the Rossi safety recall as I have not owned any Rossi revolvers but a friend of mine who has 2 rossi's that are part of the recall told me he is still waiting on his returns. This particular rossi 46103 has a serial number that starts with a G and which I thought meant it was part of the recall however I called the gun store and they put the full serial number in Rossi's safety warning notice and it comes up NOT affected. Anyone here have a Rossi that has a serial number that starts with a letter that is affected and not be part of the recall? I really like the gun and the way it feels and was just looking for some info
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11294 times
    That price point is a solid buy if it was me. The recall is a safety issue involving drop fire, and if you don't drop it on concrete it probably won't be a problem. Many Rossi users have chose to keep their revolvers anyway. The other option is buy it, turn it in for the recall, and end up with a new Taurus revolver -- after months.
    Lomax likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    489 times
    Personally I would check that serial number myself on the Rossi website before buying. I have trust issues - lol

It's a good price but I'm leery of continuing to own and use anything that is under a known safety recall that I opt to ignore.

Yes, I sent my 461 in as quickly as I could and now have a jim dandy Taurus snubbie as a replacement.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    At $200, I’d buy it to keep. There are a ton of 4” and a lot of 2” out there but the 3” is less common. If you want the snubbie Taurus, just put the $200 down on one of those.
    Lomax likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Thanks for the responses but after sleeping on it i think i will have to pass on it. I agree with RandyP about not trusting it if the hammer block might fail even though i have never dropped a gun in my lifetime and i already have a Taurus 605 and 85 so i do not need a replacement snubbie if i were to have to send it in

Member #
    Liked
    22461 times
    Well, if all the units of a given prefix are affected, why would Rossi provide a serial number lookup? I bet they had a bad batch of parts and they know what revolvers they went into but it's too complicated to list all the ranges for every prefix. So... "if it's one of these prefixes...check it."

No rational LGS would sell a gun it knows is under recall. Especially when they could just send it in for a replacement themselves. Of course I'd still check it on my own but I think most likely the LGS is telling you the truth.

Reminds me of the Takata airbags. My wife's old Honda was on the recall list. Took it in and after half a day they said it didn't even have Takata airbags in it. Some other brand. But they had to tear it apart to find out.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Sponsored Links