Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Rossi 44 mag.................

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7396 times

Rossi 44 mag.................

Well, I said I would give a range report.................
    44 spc is accurate and easy to stay on target, gun ran very smooth, shot some old Winchester RNS through it, all went bang...............
    44 mag, I have named my first firearm, calling it Gabriel, I believe this thing could take out Satan.................
    Nothing to report other than this pistol and .44 mag going through it is a "here, hold my beer" moment and one cylinder full was enough for me!
    Accurate after 1 shot, after you figure out where you are and blood returns too your fingers , you should not need a second shot.................
    3 groups of people stopped shooting after that first 44 mag went off, and I was outside, just staring at me!
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    22777 times
    Sounds like you had a great time with your new wheel gun, there lv!!
    loudviking likes this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7396 times
    I did forget to say(as I try hard to be honest) that the revolver towards the end of shooting started having failure too
    fire with the hammer not going completely back in single action and not locking up in double action................
    Once I arrived home started looking at the gun while cleaning, and realized that the recoil from .44 mag was causing
    the security lock on the hammer too engage, will have to put some loc-tite on it so it stays off.....................
    I will add that I give credit to Taurus/Rossi as there is no reason for this revolver too exist, it is absolutely horrifying too shoot
    with .44mag unless you are trying to prove you are an idiot, I REALLY like it!
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    530 times
    I thought my 4 inch .44 was brutal I can imagine what a two inch would be like.
    loudviking likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22234 times
    If I recall, those things were an Academy "Black Friday Special" a few years back. I figured they would be...interesting...to shoot with full power loads. You should try it at night sometime. With video please.
    loudviking and NativeTexan like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    31543 times
    So just to be clear, we're hearing lurid tales of a .44 magnum 2" revolver here? Holy heck.
    loudviking likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11121 times
    "unless you are trying to prove you are an idiot, I REALLY like it!" The mantra of big bore shooters, it hurts soooo good!!!Thanks for the range report.
    NativeTexan and loudviking like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    If I recall, those things were an Academy "Black Friday Special" a few years back. I figured they would be...interesting...to shoot with full power loads. You should try it at night sometime. With video please.

Yes they are, but not for an extended period of time. I handload for mine, using a recipe that would be considered a 44 special +P+. Still a handful.
    loudviking likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had one of these for a while now and I just recently started paying attention to it. I bought a box of Winchester White Box 44 mag to start with. The first time I shot it dust fell from the ceiling of the range, the guy working the desk outside fell off his stool, and people in the CCL classroom upstairs thought something had exploded. I was laughing so hard I had to put it down. My friends call it my "Mortor".
    I recently got more serious about it after carrying it in the truck for a couple of years and it's got a major problem. It doesn't shoot anywhere close to the sights. At 15 yards it's 7 inches high and to left. With the fixed sights I have no idea what to do with it. I am very open to suggestions.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rvance View Post
    I've had one of these for a while now and I just recently started paying attention to it. I bought a box of Winchester White Box 44 mag to start with. The first time I shot it dust fell from the ceiling of the range, the guy working the desk outside fell off his stool, and people in the CCL classroom upstairs thought something had exploded. I was laughing so hard I had to put it down. My friends call it my "Mortor".
    I recently got more serious about it after carrying it in the truck for a couple of years and it's got a major problem. It doesn't shoot anywhere close to the sights. At 15 yards it's 7 inches high and to left. With the fixed sights I have no idea what to do with it. I am very open to suggestions.
    Don't know if you are still here, sorry I didn't respond sooner, try different ammo and loadings and see if it improves...............
    Might be the sights are off, could be the shooter is off!
    Mine was pretty accurate using .44 spc, .44 mag was a whole different ball-game, lots of bad trigger pulls and flinching going on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links