Interesting development
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Interesting development

Member #
    Liked
    2779 times

Interesting development

Got a letter from Rossi regarding one of my 462s. It seems that the 462 has a problem that has caused a recall and they want me to send the affected gun back for corrective action. They state that I contacted them in August of 2018 and they are just now sending me a letter with a shipping label. The thing is, I didn't contact them. I just looked up the serial number for the affected gun. So, now I am really scratching my head about this. I made a decision not to return the gun because of all the issues that Taurus has had lately and I don't trust them to return my gun. The reason I don't want to return the gun is that it is a gloss blued unit and I don't want to lose the gun. It is one of my favorites. The other thing is, this issue seems to be related to possible discharge due to dropping the gun. I am not worried about that as I don't drop my guns while shooting them so It ain't going back
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Member #
    Liked
    21689 times
    Keep the gun.
    Do not send it to them.
    Enjoy shooting it.
    Have a good day.
    That is all..................
    kruizer and Sekol like this.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Member #
    Liked
    1102 times
    I agree with Rickenbacher.
    If you send it in, you'll never see it again.
    Sekol likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    Your gun, your choice.

Taurus/Rossi responded to a potential safety issue, duly warned owners about it and set up a process to correct the issue on their dime. Seems to me like a rational response on their part.

My prepaid Fedex label arrived in the mail this Friday afternoon and I shipped my 461 back to them yesterday morning without a moment's hesitation. Lacking psychic powers I have NO idea how well they will resolve this specific recall nor how long before my firearm is returned to me. The ball is now in their court, as sports folks say - lol, and I will post any updates as I become aware of them.

My gun, my choice.
    Last edited by RandyP; 03-31-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    Plinked likes this.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Member #
    Liked
    4633 times
    I don't think there's anyone who intends to drop their weapon. But stuff happens. Your choice. Be prepared to accept the consequences of either choice.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    19233 times
    I hear what your saying, if Rossi would come out and notify the public that they have a fix to the problem, maybe more people would be willing to send in their pistol.

However, at this point it looks to be more of a surrender your revolver and we will see what the future holds.

Could there be a hidden agenda here for gun confiscation from an under lying entity....Just thinking out loud.

Now, if Rossi has posted a link somewhere that there is a fix to the problem and assure owners that their revolvers will be returned property repaired please let me know. And point me to the article addressing this point.

Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    On a selfish personal note, I reckon the fewer owners who send in their handguns under this recall, the quicker mine will get fixed and returned, so I got that going for me...which is nice.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    Taurus sent me an e-mail this afternoon. In part it reads:

"Date Received: 04/02/2019
    Model: R46102
    Dear Customer,
    We are in receipt of your merchandise.
    Processing should take approximately 12 weeks from the date of receipt."

Member #
    Liked
    3981 times
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (or should I say - don't return it to them )

Member #
    Liked
    7115 times
    Interesting, Kruizer. Could you possibly have entered the info in the website form and forgotten about it? Wouldn't blame you if you did, as I filled out the online form last year...and forgot about it until you started this thread.

I haven't yet received a letter. I think I actually have two guns affected by this recall. Will I send them in? I don't know. I sent a Heritage .357 in for repairs to the Taurus facility twice, and had no issues and got it back quick both times. Could be the Rossi repair dept. doesn't have the problems that the Taurus repair dept. has...or maybe it does. I'll think on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links