Has ANYONE Actually Gotten A Rossi Call-Back Repaired???? - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Has ANYONE Actually Gotten A Rossi Call-Back Repaired????

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by monte1332 View Post
    We returned our Rossi 972 in August 2019 under the warranty replacement program for "firing if dropped issue. In November we were notified that the revolver was not repairable and we would be sent a replacement. We were offered a 605 2inch barrel as a replacement, but told it was back-ordered. And they could not give us a timeframe. Every estimate for action was always 6-8 weeks. In January 2020, we still had not received a replacement or heard anything. We asked that the original gun be returned or a refund for the purchase price be issued. No refunds are available. In February Customer Service contacted us about returning the original gun with an unsafe declaration letter. We asked if any replacements available were actually in stock. We were told a 627 6.5inch barrel was in stock and available to us as a replacement. Here it is April and we've still heard nothing. We checked with our FFL and nothing has been received. I've reached out to Customer Service again. Hoping for a reply. What are our other alternatives? Anyone else still in this situation? It's definitely very frustrating.
    Finally reached a person in live chat in May. Was told my replacement was approved and it would be 6-8 weeks until shipment. Checked a couple times since thru live chat, but no ETA was available. Not surprising. Well, it's been more than 8 weeks now, and still no replacement has been shipped that I know of. And today the live chat is not available. This is so frustrating. They've had my gun for 11 months, declared it unrepairable, and nothing to show for it except continual 6-8 week promises. Anyone else have ideas to get some response from them. This is absolutely ridiculous!!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by monte1332 View Post
    Finally reached a person in live chat in May. Was told my replacement was approved and it would be 6-8 weeks until shipment. Checked a couple times since thru live chat, but no ETA was available. Not surprising. Well, it's been more than 8 weeks now, and still no replacement has been shipped that I know of. And today the live chat is not available. This is so frustrating. They've had my gun for 11 months, declared it unrepairable, and nothing to show for it except continual 6-8 week promises. Anyone else have ideas to get some response from them. This is absolutely ridiculous!!
    Check with your FFL. They are rather famous for shipping guns with no recipient name on them. People have found that their FFL has them for weeks until someone calls in to ask about it.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I decided to just keep my 462. I did get the $50 check in May, probably the same general time as others here. But I refuse to send the gun. I took it apart and discovered that the hammer block was kinda warped, as if it was twisting or something. My plan is to work on replacing it and see if that does the trick. I have access to some machining equipment and I'll see if I can either adapt a S&W part (the hammer blocks are remarkably similar) or just make a new one. Who knows, I might have a future as a clandestine gun maker in a third world country.
    Pair of 431s, a .45 G2C, and a 905!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    I finally got a check from Taurus today. I sent my Rossi 851 in 4-1-2019 and they said it could not be repaired and offered me a 2in bbl 38 which I turned down because I wanted a 4 in. They told me that they would have to write a letter to keep with the gun saying it might fire if dropped.I sent several e-mails, phone calls, and even two letters to the CEO over the course of a year. I finally got a call on 7-8-2020. They offered to send a check for $343.00 for the gun. Since it was obvious they were never going to send it back I accepted the off as it was $30.00 more than I paid for the gun and it only took close to 16 months.
    I Yam what I Yam (Popeye 1956)

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hello, 1st post, I'll get to the Profile and etc later.

I'd like to add this to the thread if I may,

Couple years ago I bought my son his choice of a Revolver at a gun show for a Birthday present. He chose a new Rossi .357 Model R971 4" blued. First outing we struggled to get less than 18rds thru it. Single action cocking was acting up and after measuring at home the cylinder gap was too tight. So we contacted them and sent it back for service. 4 months later After getting it back, he was notified a few months later about a Safety recall. Long story shorter, shipped it back Oct 1st, they noted received 10-30-19. After ~4 months we were informed it was deemed Un-Serviceable. Class action law suit had been filed after a LEO dropped his and it went off killing him. Taurus finally came thru in late May 2020 and he received a Taurus Model 65 as a replacement. 4 months for the first service work and 8 months for the Recall inspection. Total time away was a little over a year. But they came thru some obstacles themselves during this time. Rossi/Taurus had packed everything up and moved to Georgia. Covid caused delays both here in the states and in Brazil where these are made. Brazil was really being hit hard at that time. I give 5 Stars to their 'Zendesk' support people who were quick to answer and didn't sugar coat anything.
    I looked up how hard the Covid had hit where these were made in Brazil...... It was a Disaster and as we all know now the timing couldn't have been worse for those of us trying to get replacements. Just to add, Until the Class Action Law Suit was heard and Judgement made. Taurus/Rossi had their hands tied by their Lawyers. Plus when replacements made it to the States and were ready to distribute, they were sidelined by customs, so they could concentrate on Priority Status PPE supplies that were incoming. With me being retired and son working full time I sent all the questions and copied replies. The Gals at the online support are 'Hovered over' their Q and A's looked over closely. One replied to my Email thru her private Email and filled in the Blanks for me. Trust me (If a new guy can ask that of you) these Support Gals have a tough job.

Son likes the Model 65, but misses the rear Adj sight the R971 had.

Cheers All,
    Charlie-Painter777

"Usually found on the M1 Carbine Forums"
    Czechbikr, silverstring and CJS3 like this.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links