Has ANYONE Actually Gotten A Rossi Call-Back Repaired???? - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 129
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Has ANYONE Actually Gotten A Rossi Call-Back Repaired????

  1. #91
    Member
    Member #
    20010
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    13 times
    Still haven't got my replacement revolver. Has been gone since June with no replacement is sight. This is unacceptable.
    [COLOR=#68737D !important]Jasmine[/COLOR]
    Thank you for your patience. I show where you accepted the 605 replacement stainless model. At this time that model is still on back order with no eta. Once the item is back in stock all back orders will be fulfilled.


    You cannot make me believe that the company does not know when they'll get a shipment.


    Last edited by grapony50; 01-06-2020 at 11:45 AM.

  2. #92
    Junior Member
    Member #
    77901
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    I owned multiple Taurus pistols. Up to the Rossi settlement repair debacle, I have had no complaints. BUT... They have my 357 since Sept 9th. Still can't get an acknowledgement they they even have it, let alone an estimated fix date. I think this is the beginning of the end for Taurus unless they can communicate better. I guess the only thing they respond to are law suits. Perhaps they need to have this case reopened. If no action soon I will ask the court to look at their failure to live up the the "settlement". All members of the class (us) should do the same. I think we are entitled to get answers.

  3. #93
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,048
    Liked
    42548 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I owned multiple Taurus pistols. Up to the Rossi settlement repair debacle, I have had no complaints. BUT... They have my 357 since Sept 9th. Still can't get an acknowledgement they they even have it, let alone an estimated fix date. I think this is the beginning of the end for Taurus unless they can communicate better. I guess the only thing they respond to are law suits. Perhaps they need to have this case reopened. If no action soon I will ask the court to look at their failure to live up the the "settlement". All members of the class (us) should do the same. I think we are entitled to get answers.
    Have you traced the shipment? It may be lost in transit.

    BTW...there is no repair possible, they are being replaced with model 605's. Those guns are currently on backorder.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #94
    Senior Member
    Member #
    20550
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,226
    Liked
    7157 times
    BTW...there is no repair possible, they are being replaced.... Those guns are currently on backorder.
    My experience today confirms what Czechbiker said. I've had one of my Rossi .38's replaced early this fall, but haven't heard anything about my other .38. I called today and they verified that my Rossi will be replaced, not repaired - officially with a 856 Taurus in stainless, though they seemed to be willing to send a model 82 instead, but neither gun was in stock. I told him I'd be willing to take one of those little .380 revolvers instead, but he said their policy is to only substitute for the same caliber, so in my case that means a 856 or an 82 or nothing.

  6. #95
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,048
    Liked
    42548 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    My experience today confirms what Czechbiker said. I've had one of my Rossi .38's replaced early this fall, but haven't heard anything about my other .38. I called today and they verified that my Rossi will be replaced, not repaired - officially with a 856 Taurus in stainless, though they seemed to be willing to send a model 82 instead, but neither gun was in stock. I told him I'd be willing to take one of those little .380 revolvers instead, but he said their policy is to only substitute for the same caliber, so in my case that means a 856 or an 82 or nothing.
    That irritates the hell out of me further. I turned in a six shot 357...Rossi 462-2 and they swore up and down they couldn't and wouldn't replace it with a seven round Taurus Model 66, forcing a Model 605 on me. Obviously preferred to screw me out of thirty bucks than to give out a more expensive gun.
    Last edited by Czechbikr; 01-15-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Rossi and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

  7. #96
    Member
    Member #
    20010
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    13 times
    I just hope I can get my replacement before this company goes belly up. What happens if they file for bankruptcy and our guns are still there?
    Last edited by grapony50; 01-14-2020 at 06:45 PM.

  8. #97
    Senior Member
    Member #
    20550
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,226
    Liked
    7157 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grapony50 View Post
    I just hope I can get my replacement before this company goes belly up. What happens if they file for bankruptcy and our guns are still there?
    I really don't like fanning the flames of despair, but this is a possibility. I can only presume that the reason the models of revolvers that will replace my gun are out of stock is because they're being used to replace guns in the recall. After a while, what will be the motivation of a company to keep producing/supplying those models when they are being used for such an unprofitable purpose? (I'm presenting this perspective as possibly their view, not mine.)

    Czechbikr said that all guns are being replaced, not repaired. Had Rossi been more straightforward about this upfront - or had more foresight - I might've opted to keep my guns (and keep permanent warning notices with them about the defect for future owners.) The good news is that firearms are only one of the things that the larger Taurus company does, and my understanding is that those other business concerns are doing well. I would hope that would make bankruptcy much less likely.
    Last edited by Rossi; 01-15-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

  9. #98
    Junior Member
    Member #
    77901
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    If they go bankrupt.... A bankruptcy court divides the remaining assets among the creditors. I guess it depends on how much is left. I would hope at least we'd have the option of getting the guns back ( don't drop it)

  10. #99
    Senior Member
    Member #
    14013
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,353
    Liked
    2079 times
    I finally talked to customer service - they have had my, 3 inch barrel R43103, recall Rossi since July.
    Three choices given. (1) wait for the inspection and decision. (2) Get my gun back but have to sign an acceptance of liability wavier. (3) Have my local FFL e mail their license information and accept a replacement of the Rossi with a Taurus 65... My decision = accept the model 65 and lets move this along!! Now lets see how fast this goes!! Happy to add another Taurus to the collection!!!
    https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/r...e-black-oxide/
    Last edited by harley 1986; 01-27-2020 at 09:56 AM.
    U.S.A.F. (76-80), Tx CHL, LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER NRA, LIFE MEMBER DAV

    Quote from dad-- " dont rush retirement its over rated! You'll know its time to retire when your job interferes with your doctors appointments!"

  11. #100
    Moderator

    Member #
    4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    31,104
    Liked
    9042 times
    Taurus stopped production of all Rossi revolvers and no, Taurus/Rossi are not going bankrupt any time soon.

 

 
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2016, 07:10 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 07:47 AM
  3. My PT845 was repaired in 48 hours, I have it back already!
    By Vegasrph in forum PT92 & Other Taurus Pistols
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 03:33 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 12:18 PM

Search tags for this page

follow progress at www.rossiusa.com
,

has anyone actually had a rossi recall revolver repaired

,

has anyone had revolver repaired under rossi recall

,
is anyone actually getting their rossi revolver fixed?
,
lvyx8oga4g4jfn8k2o6w1wbvtfyxkdrvw0vuib56jy8iuwciu2m2aeetcekylie ofiizzq0bz19qtyrpdpnvznobg60kmeny6kta2ffgh47kiohgctklbxe
,
rossi recall chat
,
rossi recall forum
,
rossi recall repaired chat
,

rossi revolver call back

,

rossi warranty repair status chat

Click on a term to search for related topics.