Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By irish#6789
  • 1 Post By irish#6789

Thread: Info for Rossi 370!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Info for Rossi 370!

Hello. I'm brand new to this forum and would appreciate any info on a recent purchase...Nickle Rossi 370...2 1/4" bbl (measured from cylinder to barrel tip). Marked made in brazil Garcia Sporting Arms Wash D.C. 38 special Amadeo Rossi S.A. Sao Leopoldo R.G.S. This 5 shot revolver is plainly stamped 370 with an "S" on frame under the grips and the crane. Serial number on butt is 171706. Rossi grips. Rossi model number helpline has no information for me. The gun is in good shape and functions perfectly...however a strange thing occurred when I cleaned the cylinders...A 357 mag cartridge will drop right in and the cylinder will close and rotate normally. As a long time handloader, I didn't fire the 357's. The barrel is marked 38 special....NOT +P...Not 357 magnum! The cylinder is marked only with an "S". I'm not familiar with this model and need the approx year of manufacture and any other models that a cylinder (38 spl) might fit. I intend to have it replaced with the correct one if available. Thanks!
    Last edited by irish#6789; 11-13-2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: misspell

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15849 times
    First, welcome to the best gun forum on the net. Second, a picture would probably help a lot, and some of our Rossi aficionados will be able to help out.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    First, welcome to the best gun forum on the net. Second, a picture would probably help a lot, and some of our Rossi aficionados will be able to help out.
    Thanks for the response. Here is the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    nevadabob and bobbojama like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    703 times
    Nice looking pistola! I don't have any direct knowledge pertaining to your model #. But I have heard that with some unknown brands of 38 special that a 357 round will fit and the cylinder will turn normally. But the majority won't.

You just may have all the correct parts and components and this is the nature of the beast. Hopefully someone will be along that knows your model.

And if I read your post correctly, you'd prefer the cylinder to NOT accept the 357's. And you're trying to find out if this is a common occurrence with your model and if a cylinder swap is needed. I'm looking forward to the responses.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. - C. Mallouhi (author)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Rossi model 370 revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by nevadabob View Post
    Nice looking pistola! I don't have any direct knowledge pertaining to your model #. But I have heard that with some unknown brands of 38 special that a 357 round will fit and the cylinder will turn normally. But the majority won't.

You just may have all the correct parts and components and this is the nature of the beast. Hopefully someone will be along that knows your model.

And if I read your post correctly, you'd prefer the cylinder to NOT accept the 357's. And you're trying to find out if this is a common occurrence with your model and if a cylinder swap is needed. I'm looking forward to the responses.
    Again, Thanks...You are correct...If this is the original cylinder, and it appears to be, I'll leave it alone. I have several revolvers chambered in 357 mag, so I'll have to be careful with my reloads NOT to mix 38 spl with 357 when I shoot this Rossi. Every now and then a little wake-up call is a good thing to keep my focus on safety. By the way...I said this gun came with the Rossi factory grips, which is true. The photo is with my own homemade grips.
    bobbojama likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7466 times
    Looks like a model 88
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Member #
    Liked
    703 times
    Nice looking grips!

Found this thread with a lot of chatter about the situation:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ca...olver.2614749/
    Last edited by nevadabob; 11-21-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. - C. Mallouhi (author)

Sponsored Links