Rossi revolver safety warning!!!! - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Rossi revolver safety warning!!!!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35819 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
    "TWELVE weeks...I'm keeping mine home until they find a way to shorten that time."

My interpretation of the "math" recognizes the 1st in -1st out nature of the recall. IMHO don't wait too long or it would have already been returned fixed before you opted to finally send it back.
    The "first in, first out" concept is why I sent my PT 145 SS in in August 2015...took over 15 months on that one.
    Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. - Noah Webster

Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Here's hoping that with the management and facility changes/improvements over the past 4 years things have improved down there in sunny, swampy Florida. lol

However long it turns out to be, my daily carries are a P3AT BUG and the Taurus PT111 G2 so not having the snub nose available for a spell presents no real challenges to my safety. Were the 461 my sole concealed carry handgun? I would buy a good backup first before sending it in for the gods know how long.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    29886 times
    My .38 Rossi revolver was bought in 1981 and imported at the time by Interarms. My other Rossi revolver is a .22 I bought in 1988 or somewhere in there when Walmart still sold handguns. It also is an Interarms gun. Thanks, but even IF they were to recall Interarms revolvers, I'll keep mine right here. IMHO, these recalls are a symptom of an overly litigious society.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So has everyone who registered the serial back in September got the shipping label yet? I did back in Sept and haven't heard a thing yet. I have a form I printed off the website that day I reg but that's it.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35819 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grapony50 View Post
    So has everyone who registered the serial back in September got the shipping label yet? I did back in Sept and haven't heard a thing yet. I have a form I printed off the website that day I reg but that's it.
    I received email confirmation of my registration and chatted with them once..and did this very early in the process. I have not gotten any shipping label of information.
    Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. - Noah Webster

Member #
    Liked
    9371 times
    Returned a R35102 for a neighbor lady this past week 4/4. Was received at Rossi 4/8. POS in my opinion. Worked good for a few shots then in SA/DA cylinder would bind. Hopefully they will replace or repair. She has never shot it. I put 50 rounds thru it and it was a struggle. She received FedEx shipping label back in late Feb. or early March, but had been cruising for a month so late in return.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    7305 times
    I received a second notice from Rossi about my .357/.38 telling me that I need to get a jump on what i'm going to do and that if I have sold it then I must past this paper work on to the new owner . Also a date I can't remember in the summer that if I don't do nothing then they are no longer responsible and I can't sue them . I am not sending in my gun and that's my final decision . BTW they also mentioned that the original law suit has not had a final decision yet but I think it will be around the 14th of April for judges final say so .
    Last edited by RonPT24/7; 04-11-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35819 times
    The letter that I received a few days back was from the lawyers, probably boosting their fees...Basically the same thing, if I sold it it tell the new owner. I am going to get on chat today to move things along...I basically want them to install a new FP block in it and give it a thorough going over. That is probably the same as looking for Sasquatch.
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links