Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Just ordered a new mold need load data help.

897 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  WJB1260 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I just ordered the Lee 90388 MOLD DC TL358-158-2R LRN last night and it shipped this morning. It will take me a little while to get setup to cast but I need to find load data on that grain bullet. I have looked in my old book and online at Hogdon and Handloads. com and cant seem to find any data on 158 gr LRN. Any suggestions where to look? I want to find different powders so I can load some light easy loads that my wife can shoot in my M66 4in 357 mag.

#2 ·
3.5 grains of Bullseye with a standard primer has been my mainstay for 50 years, it is in every load manual that has data for 158 grain cast bullets. SWC data is the same. Limiting factor is bullet weight.

Reactions: gbusmech
#6 · (Edited)
3.5 grains of Bullseye with a standard primer has been my mainstay for 50 years, it is in every load manual that has data for 158 grain cast bullets. SWC data is the same. Limiting factor is bullet weight.

That is a good one for a mild .357 as is 6.0 grains of unique or 11.0 grains of 2400....

#4 ·
I use 4.4grs. of Universal under all my 158gr bullets (in.38 brass) since you are firing them in a revolver OAL is not as much of a concern and you can load them a bit long especially if you are shooting them out of a .357 M66. This is a pretty light target load and I have used it with 158gr LSWC that I cast myself and 158gr HP from Berrys, and 158gr LSWCHP from Hornady. It has worked so well I have not messed with it in quite a while.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone I have been out of reloading so long and I have so much to learn all over again. I need a new loaders manual mine is so old the only 158 gr load is for JHP. Thanks for the help.

#8 ·
Yea the mold came in... The furnace kit is on back order... On another note the reloading and casting books at our library has a waiting list they called me today... Now I have some reading materials.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.