Page 380 of 382 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382 LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 3815
Like Tree3137Likes

Thread: What are you loading today?

Member #
    Liked
    4242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    All I know is, I've never had an issue once with the S&B primers, and at $16/1000, that makes for some pretty cheap target shooting.
    Unfortunately those day are far behind us now. S&B quit making and supplying primers for the reloading market and also a few years ago quit exporting primers to the Free World. I haven't seen any S&B primers in over 3 years.

Right about the time BPS was buying out Cabela's I was in the local Cabela's and bought up the last 2k SPP and 2k of the LPP that they had. that was the last I'd seen of the S&B primers.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Unfortunately those day are far behind us now. S&B quit making and supplying primers for the reloading market and also a few years ago quit exporting primers to the Free World. I haven't seen any S&B primers in over 3 years.

Right about the time BPS was buying out Cabela's I was in the local Cabela's and bought up the last 2k SPP and 2k of the LPP that they had. that was the last I'd seen of the S&B primers.
    I hadn't heard that. I guess that explains why I haven't seen them on shelves for a while. Too bad, they're great for target loads and such. I guess after I use mine up I'll be using whatever is on sale.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45531 times
    All I know is, I've never had an issue once with the S&B primers, and at $16/1000, that makes for some pretty cheap target shooting.
    I was able to find S & B locally a couple of years ago and wish I had bought more.

after reading kmw1954's post I guess it was over three years ago...time flies when you're having fun!
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18066 times
    250 rounds of 9mm. Blue Dot pushing 124 grain plated hollow points.
    100 rounds of .357mag. Also Blue Dot pushing 158 plated flat points.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    20553 times
    I didn't load anything today but I did size 300pcs of .223 brass and 200pcs of .308 brass. Now I have to trim them all, my least favorite part. yuk

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33399 times
    I finally got about 3,000 45acp cases resized, primer pockets cleaned, and case mouths belled, and all of them ready to charge, dump powder, and seat the bullet. Going on a run, and I won't stop until I've filled up at least one 50 cal ammo case, maybe two. More to come.
    darbo likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    Unable to locate any 2400, I found a pound of Vihtavuori so, I decided to give it a try. Loaded 50 each .44 and .357 today. The ballistics seem close on paper. I’m anxious to get to range to see how it performs.
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20553 times
    My first loading for the .308 was using Sierra 165gr. tipped game kings. They were just ok for accuracy. Yesterday I loaded a range of charges with Win748 and CFE223 using Hornady 150gr. SST/cannelure and Hornady 150gr. FMJ BT/cannelure. A total of 140 cartridges.

Now...please stop raining! We are well on our way to the 40 days, 40 nights thing! And it's supposed to continue all this coming week. I guess today is going to be load .45acp range ammo.
    texastaurusguy and tobywan45 like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45531 times
    I finally got about 3,000 45acp cases resized, primer pockets cleaned, and case mouths belled, and all of them ready to charge, dump powder, and seat the bullet. Going on a run, and I won't stop until I've filled up at least one 50 cal ammo case, maybe two. More to come.
    Well, I am a piker...loaded just 100 of the 45 ACP with Titegroup and 230 grain coated Brazos bullets. The ones I had out the other day were seated a tad long and ran fine, these are at 1.20 and look really stubby. I held to run to see what they act like.

Instead started a run of 9mm with sizing/priming 175 so far...may do another 125 for a run on the Lee 1000 with Titegroup. I am feeling a strong urge to get out and empty some cases.
    texastaurusguy and darbo like this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    304 times
    50 rounds of 25/06 Rem. with RL-19 and 100 gr Nosler E-tip bullets for an Encore Pistol; 50 rounds of 30/06 with AA-4350 and 150 gr. Barnes TTSX for a T/C Encore pistol; 50 Rounds of .308 Win. with TAC and Barnes 130 gr. TTSX for a Savage Striker pistol. Drew two tags last night for the CA "unleaded" deer season, and have to get ready.
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Sponsored Links