Page 366 of 389 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 3882
Like Tree3238Likes

Thread: What are you loading today?

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1938 times
    Loaded 400 rds. of .45 acp 200 gr. swc. I am trying a new projectile, Brazos Hi Tek coated, .08 per bullet delivered. Brazos sell by weight, 15 LB. bags, 4 bags fit in a flat rate shipping box, mail truck backed into my drive he had a hard time picking the box up. Olfarhors I do the same thing with all my small primer .45 brass load it up for shooting where I am not going to recover it. I must have 1000 SP .45 acp cases.
    darbo and olfarhors like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46702 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    eye did 200 rounds of Thurty Aight Thuper this morning, 124 grain flat point pushed along wiff my regular Accurate #5
    Have you been out hanging with Mike Tyson again?

Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    Loaded 400 rds. of .45 acp 200 gr. swc. I am trying a new projectile, Brazos Hi Tek coated, .08 per bullet delivered. Brazos sell by weight, 15 LB. bags, 4 bags fit in a flat rate shipping box, mail truck backed into my drive he had a hard time picking the box up. Olfarhors I do the same thing with all my small primer .45 brass load it up for shooting where I am not going to recover it. I must have 1000 SP .45 acp cases.
    Cool...let us know how thse Brazos bullets work out.... some of the coated ones I've fired smell like burning tupperware and since I shoot a lot indoors, don't like that smell.
    olfarhors likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1938 times
    I went to the range today, Brazos Hi-Tek coated bullets are just as accurate as lead without all the lead in the air. I won't have to clean lube out of my seating and crimping dies. They don't have any smell, like a plated bullet. I know the poly coated bullets smell when fired, the Hi Tek coating is different from the poly coating. You won't find bullets cheaper, by the 15Lb. bag 9mm is .04 per rd. .380 is .03 per rd. .45 acp is .08 per rd. .38 is .05 per rd. I think they now carry coated bullets for 300 blk.out
    Czechbikr likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46702 times
    I went to the range today, Brazos Hi-Tek coated bullets are just as accurate as lead without all the lead in the air. I won't have to clean lube out of my seating and crimping dies. They don't have any smell, like a plated bullet. I know the poly coated bullets smell when fired, the Hi Tek coating is different from the poly coating. You won't find bullets cheaper, by the 15Lb. bag 9mm is .04 per rd. .380 is .03 per rd. .45 acp is .08 per rd. .38 is .05 per rd. I think they now carry coated bullets for 300 blk.out

Just signed up...they have a less 10% for new accounts. Have to take inventory and see where I stand on stock! Thanks!
    oso likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    1832 times
    Just finished 133 rounds of 44 magnum with the last of the Ranier 240 gr hp over a healthy dose of Longshot.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18402 times
    200 rounds of my new favorite 9mm load. 7 gr. of Blue Dot pushing a 124 gr. bullet.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1938 times
    I went to the range today had to adjust red dot, the Brazos Hi Tek coated shoot at a different POI. Anyway they are very accurate, here are a couple 5 shot groups at 25 yds.

Name:  20200127_150710.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  2.74 MBName:  20200127_150544.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  3.10 MB
    olfarhors likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46702 times
    I went to the range today had to adjust red dot, the Brazos Hi Tek coated shoot at a different POI. Anyway they are very accurate, here are a couple 5 shot groups at 25 yds.

Nice shooting!

It's been maintenance time for me...decapping brass, tumbling. Oh.. and pulling about 50 of the 32 ACP rounds made with the brass that has too thick of a wall.

Took the better part of an hour which gave me time to reflect on the need to examine rounds loaded very carefully. Saved the bullets, primers, put the powder in the houseplants and sequestered the brass.
    olfarhors and oso like this.

Member #
    Liked
    28606 times

]
    Dunt dem lil Semi wad cutters make nice round holes in paper!!!
    very nice grouping!
    oso likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46702 times
    Got done with a supply of 9mm with HP 38 pushing a 124 grain PRN.

Name:  IMG_20200130_173502900.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  4.18 MB

No freezer bag, just a re- purposed deli meat container.

Sponsored Links