What are you loading today? - Page 362
Page 362 of 389 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3882
Like Tree3239Likes

Thread: What are you loading today?

Member #
    Liked
    3460 times
    Putting these two together. Lil Gun, 225 grain Hornady match and a small mag rifle primer. Hoping I can find a nice quiet load for my 10.5" pistol with a Resonator. *giddy*

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    11227 times
    Good luck, most of the load data you find online will be for a 16" barrel. I had to adjust the load up considerably for my 8.5" barrel. Subsonic data for a 208 grain A-Max was 8.2 grains for Lil Gun and 9.2 grains for W296. I ended up with 9.5 grains of Lil Gun and 10.0 grains of W296 without cracking the sound barrier. For what it is worth, I went with the W296 load because it was quieter and just felt like it had a bit more pressure to it. Pressure you will find out is probably one of the more important issues, just to get the rifle to cycle reliably.

I'll be interested in what you develop for the Hornady 225 as I have about a thousand of those. For now I am still working on the 208 grain A-Max and Nosler 220 grain HPBT. I picked up lots of the 208 grain A-Max bullets when Hornady had their big discovery about melting plastic tips and starting discounting the price of the A-Max. I also picked up 500 of the Berrys 220 grain plated spitzer since they were cheap.

One of my neighbors has a silencer for his .300 Blackout and he is getting near Hollywood quiet out of it with his sub loads, much quieter than my pellet rifle. At the moment I like my subs without a silencer, but it is an intriguing idea for hunting.
    william and olfarhors like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    3460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Good luck, most of the load data you find online will be for a 16" barrel. I had to adjust the load up considerably for my 8.5" barrel. Subsonic data for a 208 grain A-Max was 8.2 grains for Lil Gun and 9.2 grains for W296. I ended up with 9.5 grains of Lil Gun and 10.0 grains of W296 without cracking the sound barrier. For what it is worth, I went with the W296 load because it was quieter and just felt like it had a bit more pressure to it. Pressure you will find out is probably one of the more important issues, just to get the rifle to cycle reliably.

I'll be interested in what you develop for the Hornady 225 as I have about a thousand of those. For now I am still working on the 208 grain A-Max and Nosler 220 grain HPBT. I picked up lots of the 208 grain A-Max bullets when Hornady had their big discovery about melting plastic tips and starting discounting the price of the A-Max. I also picked up 500 of the Berrys 220 grain plated spitzer since they were cheap.

One of my neighbors has a silencer for his .300 Blackout and he is getting near Hollywood quiet out of it with his sub loads, much quieter than my pellet rifle. At the moment I like my subs without a silencer, but it is an intriguing idea for hunting.
    I'll let you know what I figure out. I think I'm on the right track with my lil gun load. I actually had the opposite experience you had, I'm having to work back from recommended to get out of the supersonic loads. But if not, I've got h110, h4227 h4198 I can try.

If you get into hunting with subs look seriously at Maker bullets. I see guys whacking deer of all sizes lobbing Maker bullets at them. They aren't cheap, but they seem to just work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    378 times
    Loaded up 50 9mm with ramshot silhoutte and 124gr everglades ammo hollow points. Ramshot silhoutte metered well and reminds me of a finer hp38 inbetween true blue and hp38. Cant wait to try these out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xiholdtruex View Post
    Loaded up 50 9mm with ramshot silhoutte and 124gr everglades ammo hollow points. Ramshot silhoutte metered well and reminds me of a finer hp38 inbetween true blue and hp38. Cant wait to try these out.
    I've never loaded SD ammo but want to get into the process. My last order for plated bullets was from them and I may order some FMJHP to tag along on the next shipment. Let me know your impressions if you fire any to check expansion!
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    378 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I've never loaded SD ammo but want to get into the process. My last order for plated bullets was from them and I may order some FMJHP to tag along on the next shipment. Let me know your impressions if you fire any to check expansion!
    So I made my choice based on a western powder blog post by one of our members @57k he tested a bunch of 124 and 147gr everglades ammo hp. Going to check out a range soon which supposibly allows chronographs and water testing for expansion if I get a chance to do so will definetly post up. But here is the link and pictures @57k got when he did his testing.

A New Contender for the Heavyweight Crown? « Western Powders
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    1832 times
    Loaded 15 of my choice carry round, 357 magnum 125 gr Fmjhp over W296, 50 158 gr fmjhp 357 mag over 296 and 75 reduced 357 rounds for the wife using Powerbond 125 gr plated hollow points over some CFE Pistol.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14722 times
    TODAY? You want to know what was loaded today?

My wife loaded the table.

I loaded my gut

and then loaded the Laz-e-boy.

Later I will load a pie plate with chocolate cheesecake pecan pie

and even later I will waddle to the bed room and load the bed.
    texastaurusguy and rodfair like this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Member #
    Liked
    20636 times
    More 9mm. A while back bought 2,000 Xtreme 124gr. Half way through it. Reloading them and shooting them should keep me busy for a while
    kmw1954 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1226 times
    A bunch of 9mm with 115 gr FTX and Tightgroup.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Western North Dakota

Sponsored Links