What are you loading today? - Page 360
Page 360 of 389 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 3882
Like Tree3238Likes

Thread: What are you loading today?

Member #
    Liked
    28604 times
    Friend gave me a brand spanking new 500 count box of Sierra match king 240 grain HP , he got out of the 300 win mag long distance shooting.
    now to figure out a good loading for my 300 blackout from the Witch Doctor for these.
    ho-hum someone must do this work of load development!! wall ways me!
    darbo likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    378 times
    Started loading some 147gr berrys hhp and was 8 rounds in when I notice the powder is being thrown a little on the light side of the weight, (was weighing every 3 rounds) turns out my hopper was not fully open -.-. set those 8 bullets aside and opened the hopper and finished loading the other 42 weighing every other powder charge.

Grabbed my bullet puller this morning, one of those inertia types. Up to this point going to be a year in march since I started reloading I have not had to pull any rounds. Set up the little collet and put my first bullet to be pulled. Went outside and started wacking it on a piece of 2x4 next to some grass but for got to check that the collet was staying secure and about 4 wacks in I see the still loaded bullet fly into the grass. Now I was like awww man. Started crawling on my hands and knees looking for it. Found it 45 minutes later and a good 6 foot patch of my grass I pulled up to find it. Learning experience indeed lol was terrified my lawn man was going to hit the round and shoot someone by accident.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33838 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xiholdtruex View Post
    Started loading some 147gr berrys hhp and was 8 rounds in when I notice the powder is being thrown a little on the light side of the weight, (was weighing every 3 rounds) turns out my hopper was not fully open -.-. set those 8 bullets aside and opened the hopper and finished loading the other 42 weighing every other powder charge.

Grabbed my bullet puller this morning, one of those inertia types. Up to this point going to be a year in march since I started reloading I have not had to pull any rounds. Set up the little collet and put my first bullet to be pulled. Went outside and started wacking it on a piece of 2x4 next to some grass but for got to check that the collet was staying secure and about 4 wacks in I see the still loaded bullet fly into the grass. Now I was like awww man. Started crawling on my hands and knees looking for it. Found it 45 minutes later and a good 6 foot patch of my grass I pulled up to find it. Learning experience indeed lol was terrified my lawn man was going to hit the round and shoot someone by accident.
    I know some of you guys use a powder measure that works with your turret, and I'm sure that works great....but my Lyman 6th gen powder dispenser has been worth every penny I spent on it. I get much more consistent throws of every kind of powder I use now, and it's been great having that piece of equipment on my reloading bench.
    xiholdtruex likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1832 times
    Gonna load up some "soft" 357 with 125 gr Powerbond plated hp.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Member #
    Liked
    20636 times
    500 hundred rounds of 9mm using 124gr. Xtreme. Probably do another 500 tomorrow.

Member #
    Liked
    942 times
    Recently loaded Alliant e3 for 38 special. Several years back I bought some e3 during the powder drought. Some folks had successfully loaded it for 9's with good results. My 9's recipe is 3.5 grains topped with a 124/5 bullet. The COL was determined by the plunk test.

Turns out I feel this is a great recipe for 38 special. With my Lee Pro Auto Disk #.57 it consistently drops 3.5 grains. Using Ringer's 125 TCFP coated, through my 605 Poly Protector my avg chrono reading was 756 fps. Through my 85 Titanium I averaged 746 fps. Using Acme coated 158 SWC, through the 605 Poly I averaged 733 fps. All primers were Remington spp. The bullets were 0.358's.

Using any smaller size disk hole, the e3 doesn't quite meter as well. Bullets were seated/crimped at the bullet crimp line and the FCD was used. The e3 powder is a shotgun powder and some folks may feel uneasy using such.

I enjoyed the accuracy and clean paper punch. No keyholers or tumblers happened.
    Czechbikr and texastaurusguy like this.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. Ephesians 3

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nevadabob View Post
    Recently loaded Alliant e3 for 38 special. Several years back I bought some e3 during the powder drought. Some folks had successfully loaded it for 9's with good results. My 9's recipe is 3.5 grains topped with a 124/5 bullet. The COL was determined by the plunk test.

Turns out I feel this is a great recipe for 38 special. With my Lee Pro Auto Disk #.57 it consistently drops 3.5 grains. Using Ringer's 125 TCFP coated, through my 605 Poly Protector my avg chrono reading was 756 fps. Through my 85 Titanium I averaged 746 fps. Using Acme coated 158 SWC, through the 605 Poly I averaged 733 fps. All primers were Remington spp. The bullets were 0.358's.

Using any smaller size disk hole, the e3 doesn't quite meter as well. Bullets were seated/crimped at the bullet crimp line and the FCD was used. The e3 powder is a shotgun powder and some folks may feel uneasy using such.

I enjoyed the accuracy and clean paper punch. No keyholers or tumblers happened.
    IIRC a lot of the so called "pistol powders" were used in shotguns first. You remind me that I still have some CSB-6 (Spanish shotgun powder?) left over from the same era of scarcity and saw that I have some loaded 38 Special with that powder. The next time out I'll have to re-evaluate those loads and if good load up the rest of that dinosaur in 38 Special for the Rossi M92.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    378 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    I know some of you guys use a powder measure that works with your turret, and I'm sure that works great....but my Lyman 6th gen powder dispenser has been worth every penny I spent on it. I get much more consistent throws of every kind of powder I use now, and it's been great having that piece of equipment on my reloading bench.
    I was using a cheap lees perfect powder measure mounted to a piece of wood lol I was showing my wife The lyman 6th gen and shes like get it im like the bank account is not full enough yet lol
    texastaurusguy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    378 times
    Primed 100 rounds of 9mm to load some more rounds to test through the ec9s

Member #
    Liked
    378 times
    finished loading up 50 9mm rounds with 147gr berrys hhp on top of cfe pistol powder. Does anyone else load these bullets?

Sponsored Links