Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: First Reloads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35862 times

First Reloads

I’m not new to reloading, but it’s been many years since I’ve owned a 9mm and reloaded for it. A few days ago I loaded 15 rounds for my Glock 19, with 124gr coated bullets. I used 4.4gr. of Bullseye powder. The ammo was accurate and functioned in the pistol flawlessly. The bore was a little dirty, more so than the same number of jacketed rounds. One swipe of the boresnake took care of that easily.
    The average FPS as measured with my chronograph was 1131.6.

I have the components for another 485 rounds, so this week sometime I’ll be cranking that handle with this load.
    I’m also finding components as difficult to find as factory loaded ammunition.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46731 times
    Sounds good...I have some separation with my coated bullets in some guns. So far the Kimber Micro 9 and the PT 111 G2 have had this happen. The Hi Point 995 seems to run them fine so far.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33881 times
    I wish I lived closer Smoke, I'd dump you off a bajillion 9mm cases, already prepped and ready to load. If you really get into a pinch, let me know and I'll send you a box.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46731 times
    I figured it was primers and/or boolits...if it's brass you are short of, I can also help with that.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35862 times
    I appreciate the brass offers guys, but I scrounged quite a bit today where I shoot. A lot of it my own from previous visits. Plenty of 40 and 223/5.56 too, so I started collecting that even though I don’t reload for it. Yet.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33881 times
    Pick it all up, I say, sooner or later you will reload for it, or you can trade with somebody who does need it. It won't go to waste.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35862 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Pick it all up, I say, sooner or later you will reload for it, or you can trade with somebody who does need it. It won't go to waste.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I probably will buy a conversion for 40 before too long.
    texastaurusguy and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    28625 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I figured it was primers and/or boolits...if it's brass you are short of, I can also help with that.
    INDEED!
    primers and projectiles are what appears to be in short supply as to components.
    Brass I got out the wazoo in 9 MM, 45 acp.
    380, 10 MM and 38 Super I got a good bit of but nothing like the 9 MM and 45.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    8733 times
    Have you tried a full case of FFFg yet?
    TheOldRedneck likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12699 times
    I am loading 115grn at 3.9 to 4.2 of titegroup depending on what I want. I keep my FPS around 1050. 124 grn seems to like 3.9 - 4.0 titegroup. I been thinking about using BE, have a bottle I save for 45acp. My problem has been getting bullets and primers. Having to resort to using powder coated bottom of the barrel bullets, and other RNNLG types, instead of my preferred plated or jacketed bullets. Just got done loading 2000 of those cheaper bullets for a friend(he has used up his personal stash, selling at his gun store for new gun owners). I also have lots of brass, and my buddy I reloaded for gave me 2000 Fed SPP's and a box of 500 bullets for my labor. Sweet..
    jwc007, Smokewagon and olfarhors like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links