Large primer/Small primer, I can't see anymore!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Large primer/Small primer, I can't see anymore!

Member #
    Liked
    4263 times

Large primer/Small primer, I can't see anymore!

Spent the day today sorting through two 1gal. pails of 45acp brass. Yes sorting large primers from small primers, standing them all upright and looking at every one. After I finished the first pail I had to take a break as I started having trouble separating them. Trouble seeing straight! In all it took me about 2.5hrs to sort these, but at least now I am finished.

I figure I now have about 1k small primer 45acp brass that I can load and stretch out the last of my large pistol primers
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45997 times
    I have one of the Lee reamers that I'll use...some of the LP..like Speer IIRC..look like SPP. And I'll still screw it up sometimes...
    kmw1954 likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    20631 times
    I'm glad you were able to get some small primer brass to work with. I feel your pain on the can't see any more! I have had pcs of 9mm brass that I would swear were too small, must be .380. Nope it's just tired, old eyes!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45997 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I'm glad you were able to get some small primer brass to work with. I feel your pain on the can't see any more! I have had pcs of 9mm brass that I would swear were too small, must be .380. Nope it's just tired, old eyes!

I use the 45 ACP case trick to sort 9mm and .380...learned it here!
    darbo and olfarhors like this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    4263 times
    These were all raw, dropped into the bucket dirty, sort at a later date project. Later date came today! In this bunch all I found were small primer Federal cases, no Speer, Blazer or Win NT!
    darbo likes this.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    I have to use reading glasses now whenever I sort brass, My vision isn't bad enough to require prescription glasses but as I'm aging I have just seemed to have lost My ability for close focus the last 10 or so years.
    You could probably use a large primer pocket cleaner to check the pockets and if it wont fit just toss them into the small primer bin.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    4263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    You could probably use a large primer pocket cleaner to check the pockets and if it wont fit just toss them into the small primer bin.
    All of these still have the primers in them.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47695 times
    I've always found it easier to sort them after depriming.
    gbusmech and jwc007 like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21368 times
    And I have been finding .45acp's with crimped in primers....
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33510 times
    If you clean primer pockets, then you could just sit there and clean them, with a LPP brush, and it will be very apparent when you go try to stick a LPP cleaning brush into a SPP case. Toss those cases aside, and you've sorted your brass.
    william likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links