Anyone shoot indoors with hot glue bullets?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Anyone shoot indoors with hot glue bullets?

Member #
    Liked
    334 times

Anyone shoot indoors with hot glue bullets?

We're in the fire season with a burn ban on in Zona which means no shooting (outdoor) so I decided to do some indoor target shooting. Hot glue shot into a lightly oiled bullet mold, let it cool, pop em out and you're ready to load. I lubed them with Hoppes #9 and finger pressed them into some resized 357/38 cases then primed. Shot at 15 feet from my Taurus 65, accuracy wasn't that great with standard primers, but did get a little better with magnum primers. They'll do over 500 feet a second mag primed but still not too stable as they mostly key-holed the target. The best part about them is they're reusable. I put a few old towels in the target box to catch them. I was thinking about picking up a .360" round ball mold next time I place an order for supplies to see if they're more accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Member #
    Liked
    35628 times
    Never tried it. Glad it word for you and you got to have a bit of fun!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    556 times
    Now I can say Wax I have seen, This is a first but I gotta say brilliant
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34927 times
    I've read of wax, just pressing the case into a flat sheet of wax, but never tried it.
    NativeTexan and jtg452 like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    Interesting idea. I own no wheel guns, but...dang this idea really has me intrigued!
    Now I have a reason to go buy a .357.
    Appreciate ya!
    Last edited by Car_Doc; 06-23-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4413 times
    Have tried several different types of non lead light weight projectiles/bullets. Wax, glue, and rubber, most common, shoot about the same, not one hole benchrest type accuracy. They do produce plinking, practice accuracy. Drill out/enlarge primer pocket holes helps. Midway and others sell rubber bullets that are reusable, my favorite over other type bullets. Have fun
    Lomax and jtg452 like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32773 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    I've read of wax, just pressing the case into a flat sheet of wax, but never tried it.

When I was off and my wife was working, I would set up a news paper and cardboard box with crumpled up newspaper for a bullet stop. Put a B27 over it to create the intruder.

I really preferred those Speer plastic bullets, though. They're reusable and don't leave wax in the bore.
    TheOldRedneck likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32773 times
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Car_Doc View Post
    Interesting idea. I own no wheel guns, but...dang this idea really has me intrigued!
    Now I have a reason to go buy a .357.
    Appreciate ya!
    I'm going to try some in 32 auto. Thinking the smaller chamber with the same propellant should give more velocity and possibly better accuracy, in theory anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldRedneck View Post
    Have tried several different types of non lead light weight projectiles/bullets. Wax, glue, and rubber, most common, shoot about the same, not one hole benchrest type accuracy. They do produce plinking, practice accuracy. Drill out/enlarge primer pocket holes helps. Midway and others sell rubber bullets that are reusable, my favorite over other type bullets. Have fun

I did drill out the flash holes with an 1/8" bit so they won't back out when fired. Also lathed off the headstamp so I won't forget they're modified. Might even give them a light powder-coat so they'll stand out from the others. The other thing I forgot to mention is that I had two windows and a door open behind me with a fan blowing out to draw the smoke outside to avoid breathing primer fumes, lead?
    tobywan45 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3435 times
    I've done it with 32 h&r. It's good fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    funflyer likes this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links