Do you count your bullet and or brass order?

View Poll Results: Do you count your Bullet/Brass orders?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, always.

8 21.62%
  • No, never.

16 43.24%
  • Sometimes.

13 35.14%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Do you count your bullet and or brass order?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47550 times

Do you count your bullet and or brass order?

Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    ....Interestingly, I was missing 16 bullets in my first box of 500 Xtreme bullets. I'm getting close to finding out how many, if any, I'm short in my second box....I'm kinda touchy that way, if I pay for a certain number of bullets, I expect that many. I had another thread where I was shorted 5 bullets in each box of 250 of 45acp, and they mailed me 10 bullets pretty quickly. I'll see how Xtreme handles it.
    Above is a partial quote from another thread.

I think it is funny that people count bullets and or brass when they order them. Okay I do it as well. Why???? Not sure, every time I am right on or a few over. Never been shorted.

I don't trust my counting so I use empty factory ammo trays, I always have a bunch on hand from recycling (garbage picking) at the range. I place 50 round ammo tray in a large plastic bowl I have and then dump the bullets or brass in until the try is full, shake it around, make sure every hole is full then grab another tray and repeat. As the bottom of the bowl gets full I scoop them out and dump them on top again. Makes the counting go real fast. Then I just count the trays an multiply by 50 and I have my count.

Do you count your bullet and or brass orders? Why? Any tips on making the process quicker or easier?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    3270 times
    Nope, I try not to worry about it.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    1640 times
    One, two, three!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33121 times
    I just make note when I get down to the last 100. I'll count out the last 100 into a bin, and see what I'm looking at before I get there. I've had some pretty terrible luck here recently, with Berrys and with Xtreme now, I'm not sure why quality control would be so lacking in two completely separate companies. But, I paid for those bullets, by gum, and I want them.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    5281 times
    I just count the boxes.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    The most common type of ammo theft around here is in the large gun stores. Young people will take a few out of boxes which they can easily get out of the store without getting caught. Usually they are paid by criminals to do it. As a result gun stores are moving their stock behind the counter, which sucks, because I like being able to look it over before buying it. If they aren't checking them before shipping them then you'll come up short.

Edit:
    Disregard this post. I didn't realize it was about loading your own. I'm a beginner.
    Last edited by CMTC; 03-29-2020 at 10:08 PM.
    Taurus G2c 9mm (2)
    SW M&P Shield 9mm (EDC)
    SW SW9VE 9mm

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35081 times
    I do runs of 100 at a time. So, if I load 100 primers into my machine at a time, and have a box of 500 projectiles, by the time I do 5 sleeves of primers, I should break even or have some projectiles left over. Just about always have 3 to 5 bullets remaining.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33121 times
    By the way, I just got 1,000 bullets from Missouri Bullets, I usually don't bother with those bullets because its ALWAYS 3-7 bullets over what I ordered, but I will definitely notice it if that changes.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Try by weight. Weigh one unit then weigh the entire order and divide.
    Ickthus likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShtnBlanks.22 View Post
    Try by weight. Weigh one unit then weigh the entire order and divide.
    I have a feeling that's how I ended up being shorted on my orders.
    william and Yissnakk like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links