• 1 Post By Lone Eagle
  • 1 Post By tobywan45
  • 1 Post By nevadabob

Thread: Recommend me a new chronograph.

Member #
    Liked
    3576 times

Recommend me a new chronograph.

Well, couple of coworkers decided today would be a good range day, as it was sunny and 48 by the time we got off at noon. I thought, "Cool. I can finally chrony my 9mm loads and my .45ACP test loads." So, we go to the range, get all set up, and I go to work. My 4.4gr W231 loads were cracking the 1000FPS mark out of my G17, Right at 975 out of the Canik, and tapped 1250FPS out of the PC Carbine. Cool.....I still have a little fudge room on those. I moved to the .45ACP loads, and was getting some good numbers. Well......coworker thought he would be a funny man and send one of his hot loaded 300WinMag rounds through right as I fired. He did alright......straight through the chrony body right next to the display. In the front, out the back, and it's dead, Jim. The minute I saw what happened, I turned to him. He thought I was about to come unglued. After a few choice words from me, he laid a $100 bill on the bench and put the WinMag away.

I had a Caldwell Ballistic Precision(the $100 unit), but never could get the tablet app to work right. I still haven't done a full work up on my rifle loads yet, and don't want to without one. Wife is doing our taxes this weekend, and she told me get a better unit. I don't know what my budget is yet, but figure a good unit will be more than the Caldwell. So, what is your go-to chronograph?
    kruizer likes this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have a crony beta that's done me good for 15+ years. But I'm saving for a Labradar Doppler chronograph

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    william likes this.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14266 times
    Name:  8B3FE145-5A62-48C6-9BFF-107D778F80D5.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  68.3 KB

feeling your pain, 44 mag doesn’t do them any good either. I bought another Chrony Beta.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    862 times
    Here's my bad boy:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015086064

I bought mine new in 2013 for around $100 and it continues to serve me well. Provides stable readings and no guess work.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. Ephesians 3

Member #
    Liked
    20096 times
    One of these would be very nice but the price is crazy!
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016447132?pid=523157

I would probably go with the Competition Electronics as posted earlier.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015086064?pid=852429

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    865 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywan45 View Post
    I have a crony beta that's done me good for 15+ years. But I'm saving for a Labradar Doppler chronograph

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    +1 for the Labradar Doppler. Friend of mine has one and it's quite an amazing bit of kit. No way you'd put a round through it as it sits right alongside the shooter, not in front. Four of us were shooting 600m prone and the owner was lying on the extreme right, I was next to him, then two others.. it was recording the mv of the guy on the extreme left as well as everyone else..!! It was giving my .308 an average of 2,766fps. I was well impressed. Not sure if I'd spend the money on one for handguns though.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    862 times
    I think this depends upon how the tax $$$ come out. Maybe he can get the Lab radar unit + a new firearm!
    tobywan45 likes this.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. Ephesians 3

Member #
    Liked
    3576 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nevadabob View Post
    I think this depends upon how the tax $$$ come out. Maybe he can get the Lab radar unit + a new firearm!
    Don't know about the new firearm, as wife has to get new tires for her F250 first. I'd love a LabRadar eventually.

Anybody use the Competition Electronics brand? Wife saw one on Amazon with BT capability(ProChrono Deluxe Chronograph W/ Built-In Bluetoot), have good reviews and CS, and noticed it's US made.
    https://www.competitionelectronics.c...prochrono-dlx/
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    862 times
    We can help in the tire search as well:

https://simpletire.com/

Sponsored Links