Magnum primers with Unique loads - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Magnum primers with Unique loads

Member #
    Liked
    28440 times
    I load a few 380 defense loads with Unique, load all my range 380 loads pretty much with it.
    I can't recall ever using a magnum primer with the powder?
    Unique is an old dirty powder, even in its improved form, simply a by product of using the stuff.
    I find HS-6 to be the same as to lighter loads tend to be a lot more dirty. upper loads are clean burning--at least for me and my calibers.
    Steyr likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    30276 times
    For what its worth...

Since 1973, (46 years), I've reloaded .357,.41 & .44 magnums and have used standard primers for all of them without a problem.
    TheOldRedneck likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    1225 times
    Never had the need for magnum primers with Unique in my past 50 years of reloading. It's a great powder for cast bullets and I use it in .45 LC a lot and also the .45ACP, .380 and my .30-30 with cast. A little dirty, well depends on what you call dirty. Gotta clean the guns anyway besides, I love the smell.
    Steyr likes this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Western North Dakota

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    In loading 32 mags I got better accuracy with the mag primers and unique . Just shot better at 25 yards from a rest.
    Steyr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    556 times
    I only Use Magnum Primers everyone Spouts YOU CAN NOT DO THAT. I have never had issues actually burn more powder some does still go to waste but not like with "Normal Primers" that is just me most cringe when they hear 9 mm brass, 4.4 grains ETR-7 and a Magnum Primer. But I have less FTF, Light Primer Strikes or Dud Primers using the Magnums. His gun will blow up, He Trying Kill us all or That idiot trying kill himself. Generally what is said behind my back or in passing but hey going on 10 years has not happened yet must be something to what I am doing HUH!! Of course I aint never been sheep just to go along cause it is what "EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING" or MY GREAT GREAT GRAND WHATEVER SAID!!!! But eh to each his/her own.

It is said Magnum Primers burn hotter alas I have only found them (Magnum Primers) Large/Small Pistol or Rifle to burn better to me only real difference in a Magnum Primer in a box of 5000 I get better performance less FTF (Failure to Fire), Light Primer Strikes or just a dud primer but hey! IF 15% to 20% non fired of 5000 is acceptable to you I`ll stick with my 3% to 7%..
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Member #
    Liked
    1770 times
    Dang dude, too much caffeine? lolol
    Last edited by MoKen; 12-24-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    No problem, just more spark for purpose of improving ignition on tough to light off slow burn powder like H110 or MP300 (for example).....Winchester markets a primer labeled for standard or magnum loads. Unique can burn very clean in smaller calibers as well.
    “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”:Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links