Turret Press on Sale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Turret Press on Sale

Member #
    Liked
    4794 times

Turret Press on Sale

Midway USA is having a clearance sale on the Lyman 8 station turret press for $135.03, normally $235. There is enough room to keep 2 sizes of dies in this press. MMMM, At this price, I may have to upgrade my turret press to this bad boy.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101962214?pid=757540

Member #
    Liked
    2892 times
    Wow, that's a steal!

They will probably package it poorly and it will be broken before it arrives though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    4794 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    Wow, that's a steal!

They will probably package it poorly and it will be broken before it arrives though.

The press is made of cast iron and built like a tank. I caved and bought one this afternoon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=n_aozotbvCA
    Last edited by Bruntson; 09-21-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2892 times
    My comment was a little dig on Midway and their shipping methods. I'm sure that thing could be dropped off a building, brushed off and put back into service.

I would like to know what you think of it.

william and Bruntson like this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    26963 times
    yep, great price!
    I am just not one of the folks that are all crazy for a 6-7-8 station turret press myself.
    First as Murphys law has it, I reload 7 pistol calibers and 4 rifle cartridges (if you consider the 300 Black out a rifle carridge?) anyway it wouldn't matter which 2 -3 sets of die that I had in the turret I would always need to reload one of the other calibers that were in the Die boxes!
    and then of course I couldn't find the die boxes for the dies that I had stored in the turret!
    see that's why I drink so much, well that and you guys giving me a hard time.
    Seems with the great close out price on the press many others fail to see the big advantage of this?
    but IF it works for you go for it, you could always just put 2-3-4 dies in the turret.
    I had an old Lyman turret press decades ago and it was built like a tank, weighed about the same as well.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26963 times
    My comment was a little dig on Midway and their shipping methods. I'm sure that thing could be dropped off a building, brushed off and put back into service.

EXACTLY!!
    Made from good old American cast iron and steel--that's imported form China or Japan!!!---LOL
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    4794 times

I already love my Lyman 6 station turret which replaced the flimsy single station Lee press that cracked after 2 months of use. The new Lyman 8 station turret will allow me to keep 38 special and 44mag dies in place at all times. I understand that you can buy another turret head to keep another 2 die sets on hand to easily swap out.

Member #
    Liked
    2892 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    I already love my Lyman 6 station turret which replaced the flimsy single station Lee press that cracked after 2 months of use. The new Lyman 8 station turret will allow me to keep 38 special and 44mag dies in place at all times. I understand that you can buy another turret head to keep another 2 die sets on hand to easily swap out.
    I saw those advertised on the sales page for the press. $45ish?

Bruntson likes this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7634 times
    I've been wanting one of these for a loooong time. Be able to mount my quick-trim die, collet bullet puller die, case mouth expander in more or less permanent states and still have room for all four dies that I regularly use for rifle.

Right now I have a single stage press that I use for all of those functions (swapping the dies as needed) plus for use as a universal decapping platform.
    Bruntson and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    It is a good price.
    Bruntson likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links