Lyman 8 station Turret Press on sale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Lyman 8 station Turret Press on sale

Member #
    Liked
    10575 times

Lyman 8 station Turret Press on sale

MidwayUSA has the Lyman 8 station turret press on sale for $188. Coupon code FSJULY19 gets free shipping on orders over $49.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/75...lockdown-vault
    olfarhors, darbo and muddcatt54 like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    20260 times
    I have the older "T-Mag" version of this press, which was my first press. Lyman quality is excellent and strongly built.
    muddcatt54 likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    And the lifetime warranty is excellent.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10575 times
    I picked up a Redding T-7 Turret Press a few years ago when it was on sale for $230, or I would be all over this one. This is a great price for a top quality turret press.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    19309 times
    That is quite the price. But my little brain works hard keeping track of 5 functions, I'm not sure about 8!

Member #
    Liked
    10575 times
    You could put 3 of your favorite calibers up, set them and leave them. That way they are ready to go when you are with no setup.
    darbo and TheOldRedneck like this.

Member #
    Liked
    21580 times
    Just out of curiosity, what ARE each of the 8 stations of the press designed for? The largest die set I've seen is only 4 stations.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30864 times
    Keep two caliber ready or just put your fave caliber set up in the press and leave the other stations for other dies as needed.

I have the old 6 station T press bought new in the 70s. I have never needed any warranty. The thing is built to survive nuclear attack. I use it for loading rifles, use my much newer Lee for pistol calibers. I like just installing another turret to change calibers. Can't do that with the Lyman.
    jwc007 likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    10575 times
    You must be talking about an old Lyman, with this 8 station turret press you can change out turrets easily. Same with my Redding.
    NativeTexan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    You must be talking about an old Lyman, with this 8 station turret press you can change out turrets easily. Same with my Redding.
    Likely the old lyman!
    that was the first turret press that I owned, the thing was built like a tank and weighed about the same, maybe a tad more depending on whether an American or German tank.
    at the time I was even reforming brass for the 30 and 35 Herritt cartridge and had a single station rcbs for that and rifle calibers at the time.
    I soon found out the old lyman turret would easily handle resizing/reforming the full length 30-30 rifle case down to lil bitty short 30 herritt cases with no problem at all.
    if memory serves that old lyman had a huge nut on top that help the turret in place?
    NativeTexan likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links