45 ACP Load Info Wanted
    Member #
    Liked
    301 times

45 ACP Load Info Wanted

This pretty much applies to old timers only. Sometime back (25 years or so) Dean Grennell wrote an article about using Accurate #9 with 230 gr. bullets in the 45 ACP. I think it was in Gun World but it might have appeared as an article in Gun Digest during his term as editor. Thanks
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    4382 times
    I'm not at home but have it in my load data for AA#9. There were 2 loads, one cast and other jacketed.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    That's an awfully slow powder for such a low pressure round. What would be the benefit? You call Western Powders.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4382 times
    Dean Grennell and some others years ago worked on some speciality loads. Some of these guys developed rounds from their work like the 460 Rowland, 45 Win mag, etc. These rounds loaded in 45 acp brass or rifle brass cut to 45 acp length so the brass had thicker webs at case head. Some ran heavy springs in custom modified guns. Loads were worked in lighter and heavier bullets than normally ran in the 45 acp. Some loads were developed for the 45 acp guns without extensive modifications. They are hot and not found in load manuals. Dean Grennell as a writer published some of his loads. These are the loads the OP ask for. They are hot but nothing like 460 Rowland pressure or 45 win mag that both have longer cases to prevent being loaded in acp chambers. I wouldn't share the loads on an open forum but in a really good gun not afraid to shoot them.

Sponsored Links