Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Missouri Bullet Company polymer coated bullets

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32285 times

Question Missouri Bullet Company polymer coated bullets

Has anyone here tried these? The coating is the lube. If you have, I'd like to hear the likes and dislikes. I ordered 500 today, grooveless. .45 acp . .452, 230gr., 18 brinnel hardness.
    oso, Yissnakk and jwc007 like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    4295 times
    The coating is the lube. Can push at higher velocities than regular lube bullets without leading and no smoke from the lube. Liked it enough to start powder coating instead of using lube. Go on Castboolits.com and read up on it.
    Smokewagon likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32285 times
    I wonder now, if these polymer coated bullets are suitable for Glock barrels?
    Yissnakk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1489 times
    Keep us posted how they work out, I have considered them but always end up buying their 185 and 200 GR LSWC. When ordering from Missouri Bullets order 2000, shipping is the same as 500, four 500 rd. boxes fit in the USPS flat rate shipping box.
    Smokewagon and Yissnakk like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32285 times
    Will do. I've ordered hard cast lead from these folks for longer than I can remember. I just now got around to giving these a try. If I like 'em , I'll order more, since I'll be needing .45 Colt before too long.
    oso, Yissnakk, jwc007 and 1 others like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30651 times
    They should be okay in Glock barrels. It's a coating called Hy-Tek and the 45 acp round nose-flat point 200 grainers I have are almost a rouge red, and they work great.

I really enjoy shooting the 38 special 158 grain SWC coated, the brinell is only like 12 but it's for 38 special loads only. I think they make one for 357 magnum at a higher brinell rating. This coating is almost a yellow or mustard yellow.
    Smokewagon, Yissnakk and jwc007 like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    4295 times
    You can shoot powder coated bullets in anything you shoot lubed bullets in. I like being able to shoot softer bullets at much higher velocities than normal with out leading barrel. I'm shooting a straight sided, no lube ring, soft lead swagged bullet at 1000 fps with no leading. Totally sold on powder coating.
    Last edited by TheOldRedneck; 07-02-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    21883 times
    At this point, I much prefer powder coated bullets especially in revolvers. They make less of a difference in autos to me. I find them much cleaner than straight lead in revolvers and either way you'll love how clean your dies stay. No more lube build up. I haven't shot any of MBC's coated bullets but have used thousands of SNS coated bullets.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1489 times
    I have a couple of questions for those who use coated bullets

1- have you found any difference in accuracy ? I ask because in my bullseye pistol (Kart NM Barrel) lead and JHP shoot the most accurate, plated bullets
    are the least accurate by far.

2- how durable is the coating ? when seating does any of the coating come off. when I seat LSWC I don't shave any lead so I wouldn't think that would
    be a problem.
    Yissnakk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21883 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    I have a couple of questions for those who use coated bullets

1- have you found any difference in accuracy ? I ask because in my bullseye pistol (Kart NM Barrel) lead and JHP shoot the most accurate, plated bullets
    are the least accurate by far.

2- how durable is the coating ? when seating does any of the coating come off. when I seat LSWC I don't shave any lead so I wouldn't think that would
    be a problem.
    1. No. I've never had a problem, but I've only used them in handguns. Though coated bullets tend to have slightly more velocity so that might affect accuracy. If I were to have a loss of accuracy with identical bullets (except for the coating) I'd try coming off the load to get the velocity back down to the "original".

2. Plenty durable. If you don't have a problem with plain lead you won't with the coating.
    oso likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links