Missouri Bullet Company polymer coated bullets - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Missouri Bullet Company polymer coated bullets

Member #
    Liked
    2757 times
    Only time I wouldn't use coated bullets would be through a suppressor. Other than that my experience with them a has been nothing but positive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Smokewagon likes this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    Only time I wouldn't use coated bullets would be through a suppressor. Other than that my experience with them a has been nothing but positive.

Why not through a suppressor? Is there a concern with the coating coming off? I have seen some recovered coated bullets and did not see any signs of the coating coming off. Just wondering as I have never given this any thought.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    2757 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Why not through a suppressor? Is there a concern with the coating coming off? I have seen some recovered coated bullets and did not see any signs of the coating coming off. Just wondering as I have never given this any thought.
    Well, frankly I don't know. This is just the advice I have heard and it seems sound. I think anything but jacketed or solid bullets are generally not recommended for cans and I think it's because of the coating coming off. Let me dig into this further.

Yissnakk and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7567 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    Well, frankly I don't know. This is just the advice I have heard and it seems sound. I think anything but jacketed or solid bullets are generally not recommended for cans and I think it's because of the coating coming off. Let me dig into this further.

Again...check out Johnny's Reloading Bench on youtube - he has a bunch of videos shooting coated bullets out of a .300 BLK through a suppressor and heard/saw no issues.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Coated bullets work very well in everything I have tried. Miss the smell of burning Alox and beeswax though. Kind of like the aroma of Hoppes, a reminder of our shooting history.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    1446 times
    I've only ran MBC 240 gr Keith bullet through my Super Blackhawk. They were filthy as heck but very accurate. I'll change my load around and see if things improve. I was running a W296 magnum load with them.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Member #
    Liked
    4307 times
    H110/296 same powder burns nasty until it gets up to max load pressures, many powders burn nasty until they reach their sweet spot in pressure. Cast bullet lubes smoke some but how clean the powder is burning has more to do with how nasty a load is.
    Smokewagon and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    26465 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawfish View Post
    Coated bullets work very well in everything I have tried. Miss the smell of burning Alox and beeswax though. Kind of like the aroma of Hoppes, a reminder of our shooting history.
    well certainly one of them girly home décor stores sells candles in that fragrance??
    I mean you can buy candles in about any fragrance that you can imagine it seems.
    maybe pick a couple of those up and light them when you shoot?
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links