Interesting and somewhat puzzling event. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Interesting and somewhat puzzling event.

Member #
    Liked
    26445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdalex1 View Post
    My guess is someone next to you had snake shot in their .38 and the jagged hole you saw was the wad and the small holes was the shot.

But seriously, I've had the opportunity to retrieve a plated bullet that I roll crimp in my .38's (squib) and it didn't look like the crimp peeled off any of the plating. Plus I've used the inertia puller on many plated bullets, Berry's included, and no issues there due to the crimp. But yeah, if you pushed it to the max, there's always a possibility it came apart. But I doubt it.
    no not anyone with snake shot or a shotgun!
    I have never had a lick of a problem with a plated projectile( and I shoot between 8-10 ,000 rounds per year.)
    the reason that I use plated is first they are economical, more so than jacketed, as much so as lead from my experience.
    but we all have our likes and dislikes.
    The number of different projectiles that you can get in plated is huge and I shoot 380, 9 MM, 38 Super, 10 MM and 45 acp.
    been using the same crimp, same powder, same load, same OAL for quite some time, so this was unusual.
    thanks for the input guys.
    kmw1954 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by judgecrater View Post
    Lee FCD can reduce the diameter of the bullet and then it is too small to properly seal. Try it without the FCD. Just taper crimp just enough to remove the flare. Don't crimp and seat in the same stage. Let us know. That is my bet.

already do all this!
    thanks.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30959 times
    I'd tell that yahoo in the next lane to keep his lead on his own target.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3782 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I have never had a lick of a problem with a plated projectile( and I shoot between 8-10 ,000 rounds per year.)

The number of different projectiles that you can get in plated is huge and I shoot 380, 9 MM, 38 Super, 10 MM and 45 acp.
    been using the same crimp, same powder, same load, same OAL for quite some time, so this was unusual.
    thanks for the input guys.
    So I take it that you haven't had a chance to get back to the range to see if there are more repeats with that bullet lot. I know you shoot a lot of Xtreme and now Berry's. Have you looked at Rocky Mountain Reloading (RMR) yet? Once I get down to a reorder level I am going to give them a try.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    3433 times
    I had a box of Berry's .357 158gr FMJFP I got last month. I randomly weigh projos after getting a 100ct bag of PPU 55gr that was all over the map. Out of 250, 3 were almost 160gr, and 7 were down as low as 153gr. I was told by Berry's a small deviation due to the jacket was normal(+/- 2% of the weight or less), however, these either had too much or not enough lead inside the jacket They told me this is common with mass-produced projos, and they try to catch the bad ones. Berry's shipped me another box gratis for alerting them.
    olfarhors likes this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    26445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    So I take it that you haven't had a chance to get back to the range to see if there are more repeats with that bullet lot. I know you shoot a lot of Xtreme and now Berry's. Have you looked at Rocky Mountain Reloading (RMR) yet? Once I get down to a reorder level I am going to give them a try.
    been back to the range but not wiff a 38 Thupper!
    I like and used Extreme for quite a while, then they ran into financial problems, I had an order in, didn't arrive, I contacted them and no response.
    then I got an e mail some 40 days after the order asking me to call my credit company and tell them to honor the charge as it was over 30 days old.
    I cancelled the order.
    looked at them a couple times since but they seem to always be out of at least one of the projectiles that I need?
    so don't know if manufacturing is still down or what?
    I like their product but I am not ordering projectiles from 2-3 different companies and paying shipping on them. so I returned to Berry.

Member #
    Liked
    3782 times
    Which is why I asked if you have looked at RMR yet. They offer free shipping and a discount to members at The High Road forum. Pricing is a bit better than Berry's and they also offer large qty. discounts.
    olfarhors likes this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links