Supply shopping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Supply shopping

Member #
    Liked
    3793 times

Supply shopping

This coming weekend the wife and I are headed north for a few days for a family reunion so I am going to take advantage of this trip and stop at a place https://recobstargetshop.com/ and pick up a good supply of primers and powders. Their pricing is competitive with most places on the web and seeing as I'll be right there in person I can save all shipping and hazmat fees though I will have to pay state sales tax. Then also with the rebate that Winchester is offering at this time I figure I'll spend the max amount and take full advantage of this rebate. This amount should last me about 2 years worth.

I have been meaning to make this trip all year and now I won't have to go out of my way to do it! And again the rebate adds a big incentive.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    This coming weekend the wife and I are headed north for a few days for a family reunion so I am going to take advantage of this trip and stop at a place https://recobstargetshop.com/ and pick up a good supply of primers and powders. Their pricing is competitive with most places on the web and seeing as I'll be right there in person I can save all shipping and hazmat fees though I will have to pay state sales tax. Then also with the rebate that Winchester is offering at this time I figure I'll spend the max amount and take full advantage of this rebate. This amount should last me about 2 years worth.

I have been meaning to make this trip all year and now I won't have to go out of my way to do it! And again the rebate adds a big incentive.
    Its a good time to stock up before next election
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19311 times
    That's a great deal if a person can find it. Probably just pay sales tax and that's it. Good stuff! There's something satisfying about that 8# jug of powder!
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3793 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xiholdtruex View Post
    Its a good time to stock up before next election
    Not doing this because of politics or fear but out of 1. need, 2. convenience of being nearby, 3. value of purchase, rebate... If it weren't for the rebate by Winchester I would probably be looking to by 1/2 of what I will be buying. If I can get to making this just one trip per year it will be well worth the travel time.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    26485 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    That's a great deal if a person can find it. Probably just pay sales tax and that's it. Good stuff! There's something satisfying about that 8# jug of powder!
    yea---Mostly saving a good bit of money over the 1 pound cans!
    Its normally bout 2 bucks a pound cheaper in the 8 pounders than buying 8 one pound cans.
    I order usually once per year and buy almost always 8 pounders and K's of primers, like 8-10 K usually of assorted sizes.
    many times Shipping or haz mat may be free?
    in any case it cost me about 35-40 bucks to ship and haz mat even IF they are no free, which saves me a good bit over local prices.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    6283 times
    The saving seems like as good a reason as any to buy what you want.

Member #
    Liked
    3793 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    The saving seems like as good a reason as any to buy what you want.
    No doubt. With not having to pay hazmat and I'm going to discount shipping/travel because we are already in the area and also because I'll be meeting up with a member from another gun forum for a visit. Then also because of their everyday lower prices and the rebate from Winchester I figure I'll be saving just over $100.00 compared with buying from the locals or Cabela's/BPS.

If I didn't already have as much AA#2 and Silhouette on hand I would buy a 8# jar of HP-38 and that would last me almost forever! But even as it is, 2# will last a long time as I'm only loading it in 9mm.
    xiholdtruex, olfarhors and darbo like this.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    8002 times
    It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to stock up on components of any kind. It seems like a sacrilege to let them sit there begging to be loaded.

Member #
    Liked
    26485 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post

If I didn't already have as much AA#2 and Silhouette on hand I would buy a 8# jar of HP-38 and that would last me almost forever! But even as it is, 2# will last a long time as I'm only loading it in 9mm.
    Yea not so much for me!
    I have loaded 700 rounds of 9 MM in the last 2 days and am getting ready to load 500 rounds of 45 acp tomorrow, along with a few 380, and 38 Super as well.
    I can go through a pound of powder in a short while (IF I am not miscounting I think these loads will more than wipe out a pound of Acc #5?), so its usually 8 pounders for me.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3793 times
    When I was just loading 9mm at first all I was using was HP-38, Then added 45acp and then 380.Tried the HP-38 IN BOTH THE 45 AND 380 and wasn't as happy with it. Then tried AA#5 and it did very well in all three. Then tried some Silhouette and liked that even more than the AA#5. Lastly started with some AA#2 and it's also does very well in all three calibers.

I decided to continue using the HP-38 in the 9mm because with my Lee Auto Disk measure I can use the #.40 cavity with the 124gr plated bullet and it drops a consistent 4.0/4.1gr charge that I really like or with the #.43 cavity it drops a very consistent 4.5/4.6gr for the 115gr plated bullet. So at a charge of 4.0 to 4.5gr a pound will make 1555 - 1750 rounds which for me is about a years worth plus I'm still loading some of the other two powders.

But then olfarhors I know I'm not shooting anywhere nears the quantities you are.
    olfarhors likes this.

Join the fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links