Supply shopping - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Supply shopping

Member #
    Liked
    26524 times
    yea, I shoot a bit.
    I have a fair assortment of powders by variety, many becuse of rifle calibers and new calibers like the 223/556 and 300 Win mag where I have once tried several powders for perfomance before really deciding on one powder for the caliber.
    BUt in pistols I use Acc #5 for 9MM, 38 Super, 10 MM and 45 acp as it produces very good accuracy and more than decient performance in all the claibers with a variety of projectiles.
    so I kind of use that one powder for all 4 calibers.
    during the great powder depression a few years back I was using Hs-6 as a replacemnet for Acc #5 and still have a couple pounds of it.
    it definitely serves the same purpose as the acc #5 for me.
    I also have Hp-38 as a kind of use for might near everything and I do load a few defensive laods with it and of course Unique which you can laod everything from a 22 short to an atomic bomb with if push come to shove.
    I just like to kind of stock no more different powders than i need and makes buying larger size quanities easier.
    xiholdtruex and darbo like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    yea, I shoot a bit.
    I have a fair assortment of powders by variety, many becuse of rifle calibers and new calibers like the 223/556 and 300 Win mag where I have once tried several powders for perfomance before really deciding on one powder for the caliber.
    BUt in pistols I use Acc #5 for 9MM, 38 Super, 10 MM and 45 acp as it produces very good accuracy and more than decient performance in all the claibers with a variety of projectiles.
    so I kind of use that one powder for all 4 calibers.
    during the great powder depression a few years back I was using Hs-6 as a replacemnet for Acc #5 and still have a couple pounds of it.
    it definitely serves the same purpose as the acc #5 for me.
    I also have Hp-38 as a kind of use for might near everything and I do load a few defensive laods with it and of course Unique which you can laod everything from a 22 short to an atomic bomb with if push come to shove.
    I just like to kind of stock no more different powders than i need and makes buying larger size quanities easier.

So how much unique do we need to make a small atomic bomb? About 8 lbs or so?

Member #
    Liked
    26524 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xiholdtruex View Post
    So how much unique do we need to make a small atomic bomb? About 8 lbs or so?
    small??
    as you likely have heard SIZE does matter, so exactly how small is small?
    For a really small one I would suggest using trail boss !
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3794 times
    Made it to Recob's on Sat. and picked up 7k Winchester Small Pistol Primers. Prices were $140.69 per 5k and $29.19 per 1k put me at $199.07, right at the rebates limit... Also pick up another pound of HP-38 and a pound of AA#2 which saved me a bit more than another $8.00...

It was well worth the trip!
    darbo, william, Czechbikr and 1 others like this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links