RCBS Partner press
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cassrh

Thread: RCBS Partner press

Member #
    Liked
    8117 times

RCBS Partner press

I've been wanting a small press to dedicate to seating / crimping, but am too cheap to invest in anything like another Rockchucker or Jr. This AM I ran across a used RCBS Partner at the LGS for a dirt cheap OTD price, so got it. It looked clean, but when I mounted it on the bench, the Ram wanted to freeze up in mid-stroke - I thought the ram was bent enough to bind, but all it was a thick buildup of oil/grime. It now operates as it should, but I don't see how anybody can reload if the Partner is the only press they have. Very light (aluminum) and the linkage is sloppy - sure not what I'd expect from RCBS. For the normal price, the Jr is far far better. Also amazed that people don't take better care of their tools - no excuse for that much crud.
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3865 times
    I'm sure you will put it to use anyways. I picked up a JR3 press a few years ago for about $40.00 if I remember correctly. Haven't got it mounted to the bench but I will keep it around just because.

Not sure about the RCBS press but the Lee's one can get replacement linkage parts for them but again as cheap as used Challenger presses are if it wore out or broke I'd just toss and replace with another used one. Especially if all you are doing is seating and crimping, not much force or leverage needed there.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Sponsored Links