Hi tek / powder coated bullet loading? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Hi tek / powder coated bullet loading?

Member #
    Liked
    25587 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    Well, usually when we do this sort of group purchase, we end up with 250lbs or more of bullets...the mail lady hates us for this...

but the system helps if all you really need or want is 500 of this and 1k of that...
    HMM? well I am not sure but all our lady postal workers I am pretty sure were Lady Wrestlers before they got a job with USPS?
    they seem to like to zero in on the address as well, , not at all unusual to see them drive up and down the street 3-4 times stopping at random mail boxes they passed up the first trip through?
    hmmm?? guess that you need to be able to read and count to properly sort mail before the trip out?
    must NOT have an app for that one yet?
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    25587 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post
    I don't know how it works elsewhere, but with our local USPS, most packages that are too large or heavy for the mailbox get delivered by a dedicated carrier other than your regular mailman. Kinda funny 'cause the powders I get from Western come by FedEx while USPS get all the heavy lifting from bullet deliveries. Fedex powder deliveries from Western require an adult signature, so in the past it's sometimes taken the 3 attempts they allow for delivery. Luckily, the current Fedex guy knows what's in those boxes marked with the flammable warnings.
    Here they drop it off at the door at least they are suppose to!
    my projectile order in seriousness normally runs about 50-60 pounds (4-5 K of varied calibers.)
    they leave it at the front door.
    Fed -X always require a Adult signature for haz mat here, UPS may or may not?
    I actually had UPS leave a Beretta handgun that was shipped back to me after repair on the front porch with no signature although it was required, now honestly I was not real pleased with that, way to many things could have gone bad, fortunately nothing did.
    57K and Yissnakk like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    982 times
    Last I remember, UPS also requires a signature on Haz-Mat. My most recent FedEx powder delivery, I knew the expected day. Still didn't want to miss it because I didn't gear a knock and them not finding the doorbell. Saw the truck cruise by my office window and headed for the door. The Fedex driver is a smaller hispanic guy that I would bet is a shooter. Upon our first meeting I explained that the powders are shipped for my writing projects and we introduced ourselves. The next delivery I made a point of calling him by his Christian name. This latest delivery when I made a dash for the front door after seeing the truck go by, he was like, not to worry, he had it covered and would have left the powder on the front porch that is somewhat protected from sight by a shrub. I won't be as concerned next time.
    Yissnakk likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links