Advice and assistance on PT92
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Advice and assistance on PT92

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Advice and assistance on PT92

I just picked this up today used. I am looking for extra mags and parts but not sure if there are compatible with Berretta parts. Any idea? Also, the mag release is at the bottom of the grip. Can anyone identify this? I called Taurus and they said he could not find it. Odd. I tried there only "Find my model" and came up nil

Serial is B30199

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    1148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ccd19777 View Post
    I just picked this up today used. I am looking for extra mags and parts but not sure if there are compatible with Berretta parts. Any idea? Also, the mag release is at the bottom of the grip. Can anyone identify this? I called Taurus and they said he could not find it. Odd. I tried there only "Find my model" and came up nil

Serial is B30199

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    You will have to call Taurus for details about the serial,its too old for their online database. My PT99 is the same way. There is also a guide that tells you what year and month the gun was made-as I recall the formula, the three digit code goes like this:1st charachter is caliber , 2nd charachter is year translated into alphabet, and the third letter is the month the gun was made.E= April, F= May, A= January, etc.

Your serial could have been misread,every PT series gun that ive seen has a ABC12345 format. Its very possible your dustcover is simply worn and hard to see.

As far as magazines go, check the FAQ for details on that. An interesting quirk that you may or may not care to know about, older PT92 magazines like what came with my PT99 wont work in the new guns, but 17 rounders made for newer generation Taurus weapons work in the old guns.

Good find, a very classic gun, and hope she shoots true for you!
    Last edited by SilverTauron; 08-15-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    318 times
    I know Bereta mags will fit, but require some filing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    It it the same model as bandit09 posted in the link below?
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/pt...uisistion.html

If so, maybe you can PM him about it and see if he has more information.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Here is a pic of there serial

The serial is actually very well defined. Pic Attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I had to reach back a ways, but I found this post by Joe Sixpack. Looks like your gun is OLD, and a direct, perfect copy of the original Beretta 92. I would "assume" and info and parts you can find on the old Beretta would be slightly easier to come by, since the Beretta has a larger following.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/fi...urus-guns.html
    Quote Originally Posted by joe sixpack View Post
    actually in the beginning yes the guns taurus was producing was perfect copies the design changes did not take place immediately, they was already producing guns before they started making design changes.

it's a myth that they moved the safety to the frame if you look at the earlier beretta 92 you'll notice it also had the frame mounted safety it was actually moved to the slide by beretta taurus just kept the older safety design not came up with it.

as for the mag catch/release my understand is that both companies developed this in parallel (at the same time) without sharing notes this is why they are not the same, although i admit my knowledge of the time line on the mag release is a bit foggy the beretta is documented but its' difficult to find history on the taurus, so you maybe correct that taurus did it first.

although i tend to believe they was done in parrellel because they was starting ot market for American LE & civilians and of course the military, americans tend ot prefer behind the trigger type of mag release.

i checked and apparently was way off they actually started making guns long ago a revolver by the model of: Model 38101SO, way back in 1941

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc - History

EDIT: found a few pictures of the old beretta design.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow. How can I findout which berretta parts I can.use? Or is this going to be.a.put in your closet collector or.sell piece?

Member #
    Liked
    10178 times
    There is a list floating around here of which Beretta parts are interchangeable with which Taurus' PT-92 models. Try searching.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have seen that list but it begs the question, which revision of the Taurus are those good for. If my PT is old, will those parts actually interchange or is that list for the new models?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    There is a list floating around here of which Beretta parts are interchangeable with which Taurus' PT-92 models. Try searching.
    Correction: There is a thread with multiple non-working/dead links to such a list. I have been trying to get a hold of that list via searching these forums and elsewhere and can't find it. If someone has it I would very much appreciate getting a hold of it, I will even host it so that others can get it without wasting their time on that sticked thread full of dead links.

Besides, I think that list probably applies to the newer PT92/92FS pistols right? The older Taurus 92 is a direct copy of the older Beretta 92, so parts should interchange between those guns. However, I don't expect the older style Beretta to be very plentiful either. SOME parts may interchange between your model and newer guns, but I wouldn't count on it. In my opinion, your old school 92 is more of a collector piece than a shooter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links