Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lufbery

Thread: PT92 with conversion kit only firing in DA

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

PT92 conversion kit not firing in SA

Hi guys,

This question is only half of a taurus question, but I am hoping some of the wise, experienced people on here may have some clues. I bought a Ciener 22LR Conversion kit from MidwayUSA for my Taurus PT92. It looks great and all but only fires in double-action. After the first shot in double-action, all of the following single-action shots result in a failure to fire. I am guessing that the single-action is not striking the firing pin hard enough? Once I use the de-cocker and go back to double-action, the gun fires fine.

Is there anything I can do about this? Or, could this just be a break-in period issue?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    force
    Last edited by force; 06-30-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'm surprised that nobody has replied to you yet.

I can think to two possible quick fixes based on my experience with rimfires and my PT99. However, I don't have any experience with the Ceiner conversion (although I'd like to get one).

First, be sure the conversion unit is very clean and well-oiled, especially near the firing pin.

Second, try different kinds of .22 ammo. Some of the less expensive stuff may (possibly) have less primer in the rim.

Otherwise, it sounds like you may have some sort of a trigger problem. The only reason I mention this is that you shouldn't have to decock it the pistol doesn't go bang after a single action trigger pull. You should be able to simply pull though in double-action.

Good luck and keep us posted.

-Drew
    force likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks Drew! I was hoping someone would reply with some sort of advice.

I will try the ideas you mentioned. If I see any improvements, I will certainly report back. Oh and I got my Ciener conversion kit from MidwayUSA. I think they are backordered right now, but you can order either the black or silver conversion kit through them if/when you are interested. At least they give a 90 day warranty of sorts.

Thanks again for the suggestions,
    force

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    I'm interested in possible investing in a .22 conversion kit , Does the slide fit well and function properly on the frame , and how many mags were included? and Finally do you have any pictures of the new slide/barrel conversion on the frame ? Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Matt,

The slide does fit and function properly on the frame. Ciener is known for terrible--correction--NO customer service. However, they are also known for putting out good quality parts most of the time. The conversion kit only includes one mag, but you can buy extra spare magazines online. MidwayUSA is your best bet, as they give you a 90 day guarantee and will be better to deal with than Ciener. Also, if you use one of those 10 off 100 or 20 off 200 coupons at midway, you save a couple bucks. Right now, the kits have been selling out, and midway keeps restocking after a few months. So I think they are accepting backorders and should re-stock in a few months.

Each 22lr magazine holds 15 rounds... that's right... fifteen. I don't know of many other 22lr pistol mags that hold that much. The kit is around $210 which includes slide/barrel and one mag. Extra mags are $35 each, but when you compare cost of 9mm to 22lr... you get the idea It pays itself back soon enough.

Lastly, I am ashamed... I do not have pics of the new kit on the taurus What is wrong with me? But trust me... it looks good! Midway offers both the matte black and silver kits at the same price. It's just personal preference at that point.

force

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Hey Force,

Let us know if you get it working well.

Regards,

-Drew

Sponsored Links