browning high power
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

browning high power

Does raurus make anything similar or comparable to the browning hi power?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Re: browning high power

No.

The Browning Hi-Power design has been dupicated by many other companies but not by Taurus.

Member #
    Liked
    2044 times

I wish!!!
    Old age isn't for sissy's!!
    Don't give up the ship!! Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry!!
    Due to the rising cost of ammo. A warning shot will NOT be fired!!

Ohio CHL holder
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8503 times

Thats another amazing invention like the 1911. Its just one of those guns that just feels right.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    1746 times

Quote Originally Posted by Laker
    I wish!!!
    Me too! The BHP was the first 'real' pistol I ever purchased. Of all the firearms I have traded away over the years, I wish I still had that one...
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member #
    Liked
    2175 times

A couple of years ago, I found the FEG (Hungarian) BHP copy. I bought one in 9mm and one in 40 S&W. Both exceptional guns, fit and finish was good, inside there were milling marks, but - - inside? Meh! Beautiful polish and bluing, too. Inexpensive, but quite the reliable gun. Zero complaiants.

I found BHP parts interchanged like-for-like, and magazines as well. I liked them both, and finally traded the .40 off to a friend whose wife claimed it.

Fijally shot the front sight off the 9mm, carved out a new one from a piece of 1/8" steel, silver-soldered it in, and back to work.

I mention these, because they give the entire "Browning" style, function and handling, but for less than half the price.

Flash
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    227 times

I bought a BHP a few years back - a great pistol with a *stiff* trigger pull! Taurus makes nothing similar.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself. Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    464 times
    unfortunatly not although they really should, they did right by mr. brownings other classic design im sure they'd make a fine highpower replica if enough people bugged them about it.
    "The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty – and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies." –- H.L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, Feb. 12, 1923

Sponsored Links