Best IWB/OWB holster(s) for PT92?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 13JFO
  • 1 Post By DeltaBravoKS
  • 1 Post By Czechbikr

Thread: Best IWB/OWB holster(s) for PT92?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Best IWB/OWB holster(s) for PT92?

Looking for suggestions for a comfortable IWB or OWB. Not so worried about concealment as I am not having any sag or discomfort. Carry mine with me on the backpacking trails where some larger not-so-friendly beasts typically like to roam.

Was so far considering Alien Gear's ballistic nylon-type IWB, and a LockLeather OWB from Urban Carry if anyone has experience or feedback (https://urbancarryholsters.com/order...yABEgLeEvD_BwE)
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2954 times
    Look at MDJ hybred holsters. Kydex on leather base. They are reasonably prices and are very good I have 4.....

$38.98......... Beretta OWB standard hybrid leather\Kydex Holster (Adjustable retention) - MDJ Store
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 13JFO View Post
    Looking for suggestions for a comfortable IWB or OWB. Not so worried about concealment as I am not having any sag or discomfort. Carry mine with me on the backpacking trails where some larger not-so-friendly beasts typically like to roam.

Was so far considering Alien Gear's ballistic nylon-type IWB, and a LockLeather OWB from Urban Carry if anyone has experience or feedback (https://urbancarryholsters.com/order...yABEgLeEvD_BwE)
    Don't worry, the sag and discomfort will come with age!

I use Tagua holsters and they definitely have several for the PT92 (I do not have a PT92). They are stiff leather and they have IWB, OWB, and others.
    777Driver likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    645 times
    I have found Stealthgear Ventcore Flex holsters to be very comfortable while providing positive retention. They do not have them for the Taurus PT92 but their Beretta 92 fits perfectly.
    These holsters are not inexpensive ($129.00 to $149.00 depending upon options and there is a waiting time of several weeks since they make holsters as they receive orders.
    I own several and use them for competition or carry with a cover garment or untucked shirt. They also make IWB and OWB with more typical profiles.
    In the case of the Beretta 92, there is one style for a gun with rail and another for a gun without a rail.

https://stealthgearusa.com/beretta-9...tcore-holster/

Member #
    Liked
    1532 times
    I recently bought a “Stealth Operator” holster made by Phalanx Defense Systems (www.phalanxsystems.com). This is quite a holster. It's a multi-fit holster that claims that it holds more than 150 different guns. And I don't mean that they make 150 different models to select from. This one holster holds 150 different guns! And it only cost $34.95 (freeshipping to the lower 48 states). It comes in either full size (muzzle fully covered), or compact (muzzle exposed); and you can choose IWB or OWB.

I couldn't believe how fast it was delivered. From when I ordered it, it only took three days!!! I'm not sure what it's made of. It's an injection molded polymer, that claims to be stronger than Kydex. I got theIWB Compact model.

I put my TH9C in it, and it fit like a glove. I tried my G2C, it fit too. By fit, I mean that it clicked snugly into place, and didn't fall out when I turned the holster upside-down and shook it. I tried my Glock 17, it fits. This is amazing! Browning Hi-Power - fits; Colt 1911 - fits; Bersa Thunder380 - fits. I even tried my Ruger LCP-II, which is a small .380 semi-auto, the same size as a Taurus 738. It was a little loose in the holster, but it didn't fall out when I turned it upside-down. The only semi-auto that didn't fit was my Walther Creed, which was a little too wide for the holster.

This is quite an amazing holster, and I highly recommend it! I like it so much, I bought another one; the OWB model.
    Last edited by 777Driver; 07-15-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46138 times
    For hiking open carry I might be tempted to go with a "tanker" style holster for comfort and access. Here's one in nylon, leather are also available.

https://www.amazon.com/Tanker-Holste.../dp/B07GH8CXH8

https://www.amazon.com/Adirondack-Le.../dp/B0006ZIEW0

https://www.armynavysales.com/u-s-is...19204-637.html
    jwc007 likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    35629 times
    My Beretta 96 (similar to a PT92, but Beretta and in 40 S&W) is carried in a leather holster from Tagua. I really like it.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24068 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    For hiking open carry I might be tempted to go with a "tanker" style holster for comfort and access. Here's one in nylon, leather are also available.

https://www.amazon.com/Tanker-Holste.../dp/B07GH8CXH8
    Just bought that Nylon Version as it will also fit some of my other Pistols.

Also for concealment, I tend to favor a Nylon Vertical Shoulder Rig, but the one I have is no longer made.
    I'm sure you could find one if you do a search on ebay.

I did try a small of back rig once, but you can really hurt your back if you are not careful wearing it.

For a Belt Holster consider the Safariland 568 Custom Fit series. https://www.safariland.com/products/...=none&start=16
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    9422 times
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/p...ml#post3910241

Also have with thumb break for outback carry; without for EDC.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    1289 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    My Beretta 96 (similar to a PT92, but Beretta and in 40 S&W) is carried in a leather holster from Tagua. I really like it.
    I have a Tagua holster and I like it because of the price point but it carries the gun a little too high, I have had it fall out a couple of times at urinals in public restrooms so I don't trust it.
    I do like Blackhawk CQB,CQC? holsters, they are full leather with no retention devices, they are secure and I have two, one in 1911 Government model and one in XDM 4.5 I strongly recommend them.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Sponsored Links