PT 92SS vs Ruger Security 9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PT 92SS vs Ruger Security 9

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

PT 92SS vs Ruger Security 9

Had both out for some can plinking. Using cast bullets of 125~130 grain load to a moderate 1,000 FPS MV, despite both pistol having fixed sights, they shoot close to point of aim. I have also shot a Glock 17, in the past. I find that I enjoy shooting the PT 92 more. I like the feel of the pistol and its' longer sight radius. In terms of accuracy, I do best with the PT92. One favorable aspect of the Ruger is that ejected cases all are thrown to a relatively small area; in the other pistols, they are thrown over a larger area.
    DeltaBravoKS and bobbojama like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4197 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallyl View Post
    Had both out for some can plinking. Using cast bullets of 125~130 grain load to a moderate 1,000 FPS MV, despite both pistol having fixed sights, they shoot close to point of aim. I have also shot a Glock 17, in the past. I find that I enjoy shooting the PT 92 more. I like the feel of the pistol and its' longer sight radius. In terms of accuracy, I do best with the PT92. One favorable aspect of the Ruger is that ejected cases all are thrown to a relatively small area; in the other pistols, they are thrown over a larger area.
    Interesting observation there. I notice my Taurus guns seem to send shell casings anywhere in a 360 degree radius. I've been hit in the forehead on more than one occasion.
    bobbojama likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I had a blued model previously that did the same thing. The PT92SS behave much better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28432 times
    most times shooting to point of aim has to do with of the shooter--but also the projectile weight and velocity. I think the 92 being a basic military design would shoot best with around a 124 grain projectile and velocity in the 1000-1200 FPS range.
    MY 99 as well as my other 9 MM pretty much shoot dead on out to 25 yards with anything from 100 to 147 grain projectiles, not really much difference at all.
    Divebum likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallyl View Post
    I also have a PT92 and the Security 9. Completely different pistols IMHO. The PT92 is large and feels solid in my hands. I bought the Security 9 after reading the reviews saying the slide was designed to be easier to rack for older hands which it is. The Security 9 is considerably lighter with more of a 1911 or Hi Power feel to it. I have mostly Mec Gar mags. for my PT92. So far I have only used factory mags. in my Ruger.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7117 times
    My 92 S.S. is one of the most accurate guns I own. Not that the others are bad some are really close.
    jwc007 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    My PT 92 AFS is very accurate with lead bullets. It likes the Lee 95 grain flat nose design meant for the 380. The light bullet also lets me economize on lead, which is getting ever harder to come by.

Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sknhgy View Post
    My PT 92 AFS is very accurate with lead bullets. It likes the Lee 95 grain flat nose design meant for the 380. The light bullet also lets me economize on lead, which is getting ever harder to come by.
    i use the lee 95 grain .380 bullet as well . i have a 6 cavity mold for it . usually just tumble lube them (unsized ) or powder coat them . low recoil and feed well . noticeably
    less recoil than 115`s ---------------
    ​never trust a lawyer or a automatic pistol------john Dillinger

Member #
    Liked
    3367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    most times shooting to point of aim has to do with of the shooter--but also the projectile weight and velocity. I think the 92 being a basic military design would shoot best with around a 124 grain projectile and velocity in the 1000-1200 FPS range.
    MY 99 as well as my other 9 MM pretty much shoot dead on out to 25 yards with anything from 100 to 147 grain projectiles, not really much difference at all.
    Tell us how you really feel, and that we need to quit messing around and shoot CZ's and Witness pistols!

Maloy
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3367 times
    I like my PT92 better than anything in Ruger's center-fire autos as well. I've shot them all.

Maloy
    olfarhors and jwc007 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links