Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kmw1954
  • 1 Post By steamburn

Thread: PT809 and 809C

Member #
    Liked
    4370 times

PT809 and 809C

Who has one or the other? Do you like it or no?

I inherited a PT809C that has a very, very low round count on it. I'm guessing 100 rounds but an pretty sure it is much less than 200. This was my brothers gun and at one time he also had a PT809 which he sold or traded. Anyways inside the case this 809C came in were 3 extra mags. All of them 17 round models and though the fit the C they stick out of the bottom of the Butt. I seen Taurus had a rubberized collar to fill the gap and one should have come with the gun only there isn't one. Also from what I have been told is they are NLA from Taurus.

Now to find short mags for this C. I located a pair on ebay with sticker shock again, $70.00 for the pair and found one retailer that has a few.

Where there enough of the full size 809 sold to make it worth while to try and sell those 3 17round mags?
    darbo likes this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Found a seller of PT809c magazines, $19.99 each. Gunmagwarehouse.com

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/taurus-8...fault_products

Bought one taking the chance it wouldn’t fit in my TH9c.

Item # 5-10809C-13
    Item: Taurus PT809C Compact 9mm 13-Round Magazine

It did fit my new TH9c, except I had to file the upper side of the square hole that fits the latch by about 1/16”.

One bonus find, is that the magazine plate has a more pronounced “pinky” ending and feels more comfortable than the new ones.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23535 times
    I have an 809. It's totally reliable. I've run everything from lead bullet reloads to cheap practice ammo to high dollar hollow points. It feeds everything and has never so much as bobbled. It's a big gun. Doesn't have a great trigger.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4370 times
    Quote Originally Posted by steamburn View Post
    Found a seller of PT809c magazines, $19.99 each. Gunmagwarehouse.com .
    That's the one I found also.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Sponsored Links