TX22 Rear Sight.
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

TX22 Rear Sight.

Taurus has been slow to replace my rear sight. The rep I'm emailing, says Taurus doesn't have any. Been quite a while now. The elevation won't stay put. I've shimmed it up as far as it will go. Works pretty good with a fiber optic on the front. But, a purchaser ought to get what they pay for!

Member #
    Liked
    28065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by forgottenone View Post
    Taurus has been slow to replace my rear sight. The rep I'm emailing, says Taurus doesn't have any. Been quite a while now. The elevation won't stay put. I've shimmed it up as far as it will go. Works pretty good with a fiber optic on the front. But, a purchaser ought to get what they pay for!

did you ever stop to think that perhaps you DID?
    just saying.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    did you ever stop to think that perhaps you DID?
    just saying.
    I'm curious to know the key time when people merged/blurred old school hand crafted firearms and the cost investment required to get such with the disposable/mass produced/cheap/immediate firearms in the recent decade or two ago.

I'm not saying manufacturers should get a free pass for something if it is truely defective, yes it should be fixed to meet the expected life expectancy of it in rounds/years of normal use/wear.

However, expecting immediate turnaround of an OEM replacement part of a somewhat recently released firearm in very high demand that likely is a low profit margin to make, that's a bit much to ask.

Replacement part orders by manufacturers isn't a turn-key fast solution to do that requires difficult forecasting of demand/need for the future thought out in several months in advance. Order too few or the wrong expected replacement parts needed, you suffer the wrath of angry customers.

Order too much replacement parts that never gets used, well then you've just wasted a lot of money on stuff you can't return or re-sell.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28065 times
    well a lot of it is our current society and how many view things--cheap--inexpensive draw people--especially people not familiar with a certain type of product.
    we all have our views on such, mine which is different from some I accept that, I want a good product at a reasonable price but what ever the cost of that product then customer service/ representation is what determines IF I continue to support that product brand.
    IF you are going to mass produce a product so you can offer it at a lower price then Quality Control out the door must be high, that's my opinion.
    or you suffer a poor reputation for the quality of that product. again my opinion.
    customer service must be good or at least adequate to maintain a loyal following as well.
    I have way to many different brands of firearms to even recall without looking but I can say customer service (overall) and parts accessibility is the worst with Taurus of any of them, when I can sent a gun with a tritium sight that is made by a different company than the gun and is 2 years plus old in on their dime , they replace the sight and return it to me no cost and in 6 days well--I am a loyal customer, and of course I could have ordered one myself from several places and of course I would have had to pay for it.
    that to me is VALUE!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Sponsored Links