Taurus Firearm Forum banner

TX22 vs G44

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
Has anyone had hand's on experience with both these .22's? I have the TXX22 X 2, and found out the G44 won't hit my area for awhile. I can order on line of course, but that's not hands on. I would like some opinions please.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Biggest reason I wouldn't purchase a Glock G44 is the grip angle.

All my pistols from .22 to .45 have the same angle - and the Glock does not.

If I owned Glock CF pistols I would certainly buy a G44.

Overall there may be minor issues with the Glock, as there are with the TX, but as a trainer and plinker that isn't important like it is for a defense pistol.

#5 · (Edited)
G44 JUNK.

Per the video: Won't cycle bulk ammo, has a 20% failure rate, won't shoot to point of aim, only 10 rounds, no threaded barrel included, mushy trigger, way overpriced. He even says he's not keeping the G44 and recommends the Taurus TX22 at the end. All from a guy who has shot thousands upon thousands of .22LR rounds through his pistols. Should be good enough for anyone.

GLOCK FAIL.

#11 ·
As I've said, I'm not a Glock-guy, but there have been others that purchased a G44 and are very happy.

Plinkster had much less issues when using a 40gr bullet than his standard 36gr. Not a big deal then - just use 40s.

All of these types of guns can be temperamental in certain areas and have ammo they like and don't like.

#6 · (Edited)
I've got them both, both have their quirks. My TX was going through a period of FTE with just about everything I shot. I fixed it by tuning the extractor and extractor chamber shelf, after that it's been 100% with any ammo I shoot unless it's a light load. With a light load, and you can tell, the slide won't come back to pick up another round. Overall my TX, to me shoots better than the G44. I can hit my 6x6 steel plate at 60 yards with some regularity with the TX. And it will feed pretty much anything I put through it now.
My G44 is picky on ammo and likes the heavier bullet rounds, unless it's Stingers. It will not shoot Federal bulk 36 grain, doesn't want to feed them properly. Using M22 or anything 40 grain it's pretty flawless. Shooting my 6x6 steels at 60 yards isn't near as regular as the TX. Probably has a lot to do with sight radius. When I first got it, it was finicky on all ammo, but after a couple hundred rounds it's settled into what it is now. As long as I shoot the ammo it likes, it's okay. Would it be my woods gun? No, probably not, but it makes a nice trainer to transition my wife to the G19.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#12 ·
After all the 'Legendary' hype that Glock put out about the 44, saying it took YEARS to design it, blah blah blah...you don't expect it to be finicky about ammo...

Retired Marine gunner Christian Wade. “I subjected the G44 to a variety of adverse conditions and it holds its own with every other Glock ever produced.”

LOL, really? Tell us another bedtime story...oh, okay, here's another one:

“While many .22 LR firearms exhibit tendencies to function differently with particular ammunition types, the G44 pistol functioned to near perfection,” said Bryan Peterson, manager of product concept development at Federal Ammunition. Peterson was also a partner included in early testing and extended his expertise of ammunition through testing the G44 with thousands of rounds and a large variety of ammunition.

...just not anything less than 40gr, apparently...

LEGENDARY.

#15 ·
And WHY, oh WHY does a .22 need to have a 350000 round capacity????? You going to war with that thing or shooting tin cans? I have .22 revolvers that only hold six and I find myself shooting them more'n my auto chuckers lately. I have a particular affection for a new Ruger Wrangler I've been shooting lately. :D

#20 ·
GEEEEZ!!
if you lived near Atlanta or Chicago with the Squirrel Gangs you wouldn't need to ask such a question!!!

Reactions: NativeTexan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.