My TX22 Experience: A+ - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: My TX22 Experience: A+

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I picked one up from centerfireguns.com for $229 shipped. Ordered Monday morning and it was delivered Tuesday morning (LA to PA )

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Congrats! Hope your experience is as good as mine.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Indiana View Post
    I feel the same as the OP about the TX22. Only issue I had was it would intermittently jam. Thankfully I found it was an operator error. I found that each shell had to be alternately positioned from each other, in the magazine, to make sure that the top round is pointing up. My error was loading the magazine without the loading tool. Once I started to use the tool, jamming problem stopped. Sorry I don’t have a picture to back up my description.
    Do you mind explaining this more thoroughly ? Do you mean staggering the ammo? Also what do you mean the top round pointing up ?

I would really appreciate the input ..A new TX-22 owner here and my first range session didn’t go as well as I expected. I am hoping it is a user error haha

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3841 times
    Nice range report OP! Thanks for sharing.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ihavefat View Post
    Do you mind explaining this more thoroughly ? Do you mean staggering the ammo? Also what do you mean the top round pointing up ?

I would really appreciate the input ..A new TX-22 owner here and my first range session didn’t go as well as I expected. I am hoping it is a user error haha
    What ammo are you using?

I run mostly CCI SV, and have minimal issues - if any.

I've never used the loading tool. Just load each round by forcing it down on top of the last, and not using the follower button.

Pretty much like loading a CF mag without the follower button - but a lot easier.
    Rick O'Shea likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    What ammo are you using?

I run mostly CCI SV, and have minimal issues - if any.

I've never used the loading tool. Just load each round by forcing it down on top of the last, and not using the follower button.

Pretty much like loading a CF mag without the follower button - but a lot easier.

I used Winchester Wildcat 40 grain 22lr

I actually did not use a loader during my first session so when I got home, I tried loading it with the loader and it would load "staggered" but after 12-13, it would go out of alignment. Not sure if that's from the ammo or if that really would cause an issue..but I really think that's the real reason behind Failure to Feed and a few times the ammo getting partially stuck in the barrel. Some reviews of the Winchester Wildcat mentioned something about either a bad batch/bad quality control/and possibly because it's too(?) polished or not enough that's causing issues.

I am going to pick up some CCI Mini-Mags during lunch today...and see if they have other 22lr ammo that I was recommended from this forum

I am hoping it's the ammo not the mag

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    I used Winchester Wildcat 40 grain 22lr

I actually did not use a loader during my first session so when I got home, I tried loading it with the loader and it would load "staggered" but after 12-13, it would go out of alignment. Not sure if that's from the ammo or if that really would cause an issue..but I really think that's the real reason behind Failure to Feed and a few times the ammo getting partially stuck in the barrel. Some reviews of the Winchester Wildcat mentioned something about either a bad batch/bad quality control/and possibly because it's too(?) polished or not enough that's causing issues.

I am going to pick up some CCI Mini-Mags during lunch today...and see if they have other 22lr ammo that I was recommended from this forum

I am hoping it's the ammo not the mag
    They should work fine, but if everything is right the extra punch of MiniMags, over SVs, shouldn't be needed.

CCI SVs are less expensive, more accurate, an will produce less wear in the long run if additional velocity isn't required for consistent function.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    They should work fine, but if everything is right the extra punch of MiniMags, over SVs, shouldn't be needed.

CCI SVs are less expensive, more accurate, an will produce less wear in the long run if additional velocity isn't required for consistent function.

Wow, that's interesting. Just how much less "powerful" would the CCI SVs be? didn't know if you would notice a different if you are shooting anywhere from 5 yards to 25 yards

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Wow, that's interesting. Just how much less "powerful" would the CCI SVs be? didn't know if you would notice a different if you are shooting anywhere from 5 yards to 25 yards
    It's noticeable. Accuracy may be slightly better with SV, but with a pistol at those distances it's not significant.

There's just no point in using MiniMags if SV will work - which they should.

SV is rated at 1070 fps, MiniMags are 1235 fps.
    ihavefat likes this.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1333 times
    Nice review, thank you. Sadly it appears there is no importer for Taurus in GB any more. I would certainly buy a TX22, but it looks like my only option will be either a Ruger Mk4 Lite or the SR22..
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links